Director of Children's Ministry
September 19, 2023
Position Title: Director of Childrens Ministry
Hours: 20 (Parttime)
The Director of Children’s MINISTRY provides a vital ministry in guiding children in their faith. In this position, the desired candidate will help the Church and pastor fulfill its calling to minister to Children and oversee the growth and development of the children’s ministry. as a key member of the ministry team, the Children’s director will teach Sunday school and other educational programs, plan and organize special events and communicate with church staff about the development of the program. the ideal candidate should Passionately embody God’s Word through daily living, exhibit a good moral character and practice regular Spiritual disciplines.
Role and Responsibilities:· Responsible for all aspects of ensuring the spiritual growth and development of children. This includes preparing and teaching Sunday School, leading periodic special events (VBS, seasonal activities, community activities)
· Provide overall theological direction and ministry programs that are coordinated with the Pastor in accordance with the beliefs and mission of ROLUMC. The ROL congregation intentionally invites the full participation of all who are living out their God-given identities and expressions.
· Utilize existing Sunday School Education Curriculum.
· Train and recruit volunteers for efficient implementation of church programs
· Maintain contact with parents, keeping them informed of ongoing activities. Keep parents updated on ministry strategies and plans in a way that encourages partnership and involvement
· Model strong and relational Christian leadership to the youth of the church
· Participate and contribute to staff and church meetings and events.
Skillset and Vocational Qualifications:· A driving passion for leading children and their families into a fully devoted relationship with Jesus Christ.
· A skilled and passionate Bible based teacher that offers spiritual and emotional support to children and families.
· A positive, outgoing personality and has a strong desire to build and lead
· An effective multi-tasker with a self-motivated work style with effective time management
· Ability to plan, organize and coordinate services and events with effective follow through
· Must possess good written and oral communication skills
· Proficient in technology associated with teaching, preaching and outreach including social media is preferred
· Successfully undergo a criminal background and credit check.
Please email resume to office@ROLUMC.com
Contact: Mandy Yates
Location: River of Life UMC
Address: 2600 Race Track Road St. Johns FL 32259
Email: Click to email