South Shore UMC, located in the Riverview/South Shore are of South Hillsborough County, Florida seeks to hire a qualified accompanist to join us in worship leadership of our weekly Sunday services and special holy day services.
South Shore UMC's vision is to be internally strong in faith and externally focused in service so that we connect people at life's crossroads with God's love and grace.
Seeking: Music Accompanist
Reports to: Senior Pastor, Director of Worship and/or Strategic Team Designee
- Experience singing in a church choir.
- A background in piano and chorus.
- Able to sight read and play hymns in The UMC hymnals for the congregation.
- Able to play traditional and contemporary choral works, following a director.
- Able to play soprano, alto, tenor and bass (SATB) parts for rehearsal.
- A cheerful, “people-person” demeanor.
- A minimum of three (3) years experience accompanying a church choir.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Play for weekly weeknight choir rehearsals (including SATB parts) .
- Play for Sunday rehearsal and 8:30am service: accompany the choir and congregational singing as well as play additional songs/instrumentations as needed.
- Rehearse for and play for solos and ensembles as needed.
- Be available for all special services such as Christmas Eve/Day, Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter, etc.
- Ensure that the Child and Youth Protection Policy is observed in all ministry settings.
- Other services as agreed upon under the direction of the Senior Pastor, Director of Worship, and/or Strategic Team Designee.
Pay range will be based on skill and experience.
Interested Candidates – please email your resume, three professional references, and a video-recording of playing two of your favorite hymns to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact: Sarah B. Miller
Location: South Shore UMC - Riverview
Address: 11525 Big Bend Road Riverview 33579
Email: Click to email