Worship Arts Director
March 15, 2023
Spanish Fort United Methodist Church
Worship Arts Director
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Supervises: Accompanist, Worship Leaders, Sound and AV Technician
Full Time – Salary based on experience
Hours: 20 Hours per week Flex Time, 20 hours per week On-Site
The Worship Arts Director will supervise and lead Spanish Fort United Methodist Church in dynamic and spirit-led worship experiences.
- Develop, organize, and create leadership for all Worship Arts programming
- Provide dynamic worship leadership for Worship Services
- Coordinate Service Leaders and Accompanist
- Recruit, train, and empower the congregation to use their musical gifts.
- Plan and Coordinate anthem, hymns, and music to correlate with weekly sermon.
- Provide oversight for Worship Committees, Communion Servers, Ushers, Greeters and Acolyte schedule
- Weekly worship team meeting with Associate and Senior Pastors.
- Lead weekly choir practice and any additional rehearsals for special music performances.
- Create music programs for combined services.
- Arrange special music, such as, soloists, instrumentals, youth orchestra, etc. and manage contracts for these performances.
- Set-up practices and support members who perform solos and/or ensembles.
- Oversee worship budgets, choral music library and purchase of new music.
- Schedule annual choir robe cleaning and bi-annual piano tuning.
- Develop choir performances to participate in community outreach, i.e., caroling at Westminster
- Provide funeral music for members, if requested
- Provide leadership and opportunities for communal worship gatherings
- Other roles as assigned by leadership.
- Create a hospitable welcoming environment for all worship participants
- Work closely with clergy, staff and lay persons in planning worship experiences
- Foster a missional mindset with the Spanish Fort, Eastern Shore community
Traditional choir, Development of Children’s Choir, Handbell Choir
College Education Preferred or 5 Years of Field Experience
Experienced in Contemporary and Traditional worship styles
Gifted in areas of vocal and instrumental music, worship and artistic expression
Organizational and communication skills required
Experience with creating and keeping budgets
Alignment with the beliefs and practices of the United Methodist Church
Contact: Bill Price
Location: Spanish Fort UMC
Address: 6530 Spanish Fort Blvd., Suite D Suite D Spanish Fort AL 36527
Email: Click to email