DIRECTOR OF CHILDREN, YOUTH AND YOUNG ADULT MINISTRIES
March 09, 2023
TITLE: DIRECTOR OF CHILDREN, YOUTH AND YOUNG ADULT MINISTRIES
SUPERVISOR: SENIOR PASTOR
PURPOSE: This is a full time, salaried position to provide leadership in a comprehensive Christian Ministry for 3 years old – twelfth grades, post high school/college and career young adults.
- Oversee, grow, and coordinate the discipleship of children, youth, and young adults through spiritual formation, service, and worship. Develop and implement spiritual, educational, and social events and activities throughout the community that will promote Godly relationships and to equip individuals to serve one another. This includes selecting appropriate curricula or coordinating with volunteers in curriculum selection.
- Spiritual Formation
- Develop and implement programs for children, 3 years old through fifth grade. Programs include, but are not limited to, Children’s Church, Wednesday night children’s group, and Vacation Bible School.
- Develop and implement programs and events for sixth – twelfth grade students, including a weekly youth group meeting, retreats, and lock-ins.
- Develop and implement Bible studies and other events for young adults.
- Develop and implement a variety of programs and activities appropriate for each age group that cultivates a sense of service to others.
- Create opportunities for each age group to engage in worship.
- Spiritual Formation
- Develop and coordinate outreach activities for the community.
- Coordinate fundraising activities such as the Pumpkin Patch, Easter Tea, and bake sales.
- Develop a robust communication program for each age group.
- Routinely publicize activities in the Faith Flash and on the website and social media.
- Create creative and effective promotions for special events and outreach activities.
- Keep parents apprised of events and activities through meetings, texts, emails and other appropriate communication methods.
- Publicize and coordinate the application processes for summer camp and higher education scholarships.
- Attend all worship services and appropriate committee meetings and church events. Engage with others at these events to promote the children, youth, and young adult ministries. Act as the staff resource for the Children and Youth Ministries committee.
- Manage the volunteer program for the Children and Youth ministries.
- Recruit sufficient numbers of volunteers for all activities.
- Ensure that all volunteers working with the children or youth are properly vetted and have received the annual Child Protection training.
- Show appreciation for volunteers through recognition events and activities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
SPECIFIC REQURIEMENTS FOR DIRECTOR OF YOUTH MINISTRIES:
- Have a college degree or proven experience with children, youth, and/or young adult ministries.
- Demonstrate the qualities of spiritual maturity, integrity, family devotion, positive attitude and kindness.
- Be teachable, value-driven and loyal.
- Possess positive interpersonal skills and understanding of group dynamics. Be a team player and be approachable.
- Understand and practice leadership skills.
- Demonstrate communication, time management and administrative skills.
- Operate from a scriptural basis.
- Be computer literate in at least Microsoft Office.
Contact: Rev. Stephen Hartsfield
Location: First United Methodist Chuch
Address: 303 N Evers St. Plant City 33563
Email: Click to email