Farm Food Recovery Associate - Gleaning Program Asst. Dir.
Advertised Job Title: Farm Food Recovery Associate
Job Title: Gleaning Program Assistant Director
Organization Objective: CROS Ministries serves the hungry in Palm Beach and Martin Counties through community collaborations. CROS is supported by churches, synagogues, community groups and private individuals throughout Palm Beach County and the Treasure Coast, all of whom share in this common goal.
Expectation for All Employees: All employees will support the organization’s mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: professionalism, excellence and competence, collaboration, innovation, respect individuality of others, commitment to our community, accountability, and ownership of actions and decisions. All employees will demonstrate support of the organization through commitment to policy, safety and security, and compliance. All employees are expected to participate in organization events and support organization program operations.
Job Overview: This position is a program assistant to the Director of Gleaning Program whose aim is to feed hungry people through the recovery and distribution of nutritious produce that would otherwise be wasted. This is a full-time position with seasonal schedule fluctuations. Beginning hourly rate is $17-$20 depending on experience. Benefits included.
- Assist Director of Gleaning in program operations as directed
- Assist to recruit, train, and supervise volunteers
- Organize and manage food recovery (field gleaning) events
- Assist with program data collection and reporting
- Develop and maintain relationships with community partners for food recovery opportunities and for distribution sites
- Educate the community about food recovery (gleaning) and its part in the community food system
- The responsibilities listed on this posting are not intended to be all-inclusive and additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field OR Associate Degree in related field plus five years directly related work experience
- Work experience with volunteer recruitment and management a plus
- Agricultural background; knowledge of crop production, harvesting operations, and post-harvest handling of produce a plus
- Prior forklift certification a plus
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must have a valid FL driver license, clean driving record, reliable transportation
- Must be able to pass background check and drug screening
- Teamwork and interpersonal communication skills
- Public speaking skills
- Ability to understand and follow instructions to complete assigned tasks
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to problem solve, implement solutions, work independently
- Knowledge of applicable work environment safety rules a plus
- Knowledge of basic office procedures a plus
- Basic math skills
- Proficient with MS Office suite and Google suite
- Familiar with social media outlets
- Must be able to lift and move 40 lbs. repetitively and up to a height of 4 feet to load a pickup truck
- Must be able to climb, crawl, and stoop to reach material; bend at the waist; kneel or crouch for extended periods of time; reach overhead, above the shoulders and horizontally
- Must be able to climb stairs
- Must be able withstand exposure to physical discomforts associated with changes in temperature and weather such as rain, heat or discomforts associated with noise, dust, dirt, and the like.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with diverse groups
- Must be able to move through uneven terrain at gleaning locations
- Must be able to drive long distances to unfamiliar rural locations to scout gleaning locations
- Must be able to drive a pickup truck through the fields
- Must be able to speak to community groups and congregations
- Must be able to works on weekends
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employee Benefits Summary
- Employer provided health insurance (employer pays 80%)
- Employer provided life insurance
- 403(b) pension plan available
- Section 125 (medical expense/child care expense) plan available
- 10 vacation days/10 sick days per year
Mail or e-mail a letter/e-mail of intent and a completed employment application. CROS’ employment application form can be found on our web site at www.crosministries.org or call our office at 561-233-9009.
ATTN: Meredith Caldwell
3677 23rd Ave. S., #B-101
Lake Worth, FL 33461 OR
E-mail your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submissions should have both components, as listed above, to be considered complete. This job posting will remain open until the position is filled.
It is the policy of CROS Ministries to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability, gender, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, age or other unlawful discriminatory characteristics as defined in federal, state, or local laws. All candidates are considered on the basis of individual character, qualifications, and abilities in relation to the requirements of the advertised position.
Contact: Karen Mills
Location: CHRISTIANS REACHING OUT TO SOCIETY, INC.
Address: 3677 23rd AVE. S. STE B-101 LAKE WORTH BEACH FL 33461
Email: Click to email