Communications Specialist - Hyde Park United Methodist
Seeking a creative and flexible Communications Specialist to join the Hyde Park United Methodist team. The individual will manage print media, digital media, social media, website and the brand to enable the church to fulfill its mission of “Making God’s Love Real.” The Communications Specialist will maintain the brand of Hyde Park United Methodist by creating content that reinforces the visual identity in the provided Communications Manual. The individual will be energetic, innovative, supportive and have great attention to detail. Candidates must be present on Sunday mornings during outreach activities and Church services. As such, the work week for this role is Sunday through Thursday.
Upload resume & cover letter here: https://hydeparkumc.ccbchurch.com/goto/forms/1289/responses/new
Full Job Description
Communications Specialist REPORTS TO: Executive Director
STATUS: Full-Time (Non-exempt) 40 hours weekly
1. Create, review, and maintain website content on hydeparkumc.org and theportico.org.
2. Produce news content: weekly email newsletter, website posts, weekly senior pastor email, media releases and other online communications. Editing for style and format; creating simple layouts with inserted photos or graphics.
3. Work with staff and volunteers in all ministry areas at both the Hyde Park and The Portico campuses to produce effective graphics, video and print designs.
4. Produce online worship bulletins. This includes gathering, composing, editing and formatting information on website and the Church Online Platform (ChOP). Coordinating content with worship ministries.
5. Maintain the brand of Hyde Park United Methodist by creating content that reinforces the visual identity in the provided Communications Manual.
6. Produce and distribute flyers, posters, QR codes and other print pieces as needed.
7. Serve as backup to Executive Director and Director of Worship Technology, able to implement social media and graphics as needed.
8. Capture photos and content for Web and Social.
9. Post to social platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc. Understanding the aesthetic and algorithms. 10.Real-time creation and posting of social media images and video during Sunday worship services, and other church events.
11.Coordinate work with outside designers and other vendors as needed.
12.Gather Social media analytics and understand the temperature of social media as it changes.
13.Participation in weekly staff meetings.
14.Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS: Education/Training Excellent writing and editing skills, proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and InDesign in particular); experienced tow work with and edit WordPress, Constant Contact (email marketing), Google analytics and social media. Coding experience with HTML a plus.
Personal Characteristics 1. Committed to the mission and vision of Hyde Park United Methodist.
2. Detailed oriented with flexibility, adaptability and good time management.
3. Demonstrates an enthusiastic, energetic work ethic. Accomplishes tasks in an accurate, effective and timely manner with minimal supervision.
4. Warm-hearted and open-minded. Treats staff, congregation and visitors with respect and dignity.
5. Seeks innovative solutions to challenges. Exercises sound judgment and comes to reasoned conclusions. 6. Is a team player, has a “can do,” “how can I help?” attitude.
Contact: Kim Harcrow
Location: Hyde Park United Methodist Church
Address: 500 W. Platt St. Tampa FL 33606
Email: Click to email