Hyde Park United Methodist Seeks Facilities Manager
Short Description: Seeking a highly motivated Facilities Manager to join the Hyde Park United Methodist team in Tampa, Florida. The individual will manage campus facilities and operations to enable the church to fulfill its mission of “Making God’s Love Real.” The Facilities Manager shall lead, organize, equip and support a team of staff, outsourced cleaning personnel, and lay persons. Upload resume and cover letter here: https://hydeparkumc.ccbchurch.com/goto/forms/1441/responses/new
Full Job Description:
1. Lead, encourage, train, supervise, and evaluate maintenance technician and outsourced porter in maintenance, setup and cleaning tasks. Oversee quality and consistency of outsourced cleaning personnel and provide feedback as needed. Schedule coverage of maintenance technician and outsourced porter and cleaning personnel (through the outsourced cleaning representative) so as to meet all facilities needs while minimizing cost. Train maintenance technician in appropriate tasks to ensure coverage during vacations and special events. Oversee the appropriate utilization of persons seeking to fulfill community service hours through the church.
2. Ensure grounds maintenance, housekeeping and cleaning upholds an aesthetic and sanitary standard to create an inviting and hospitable environment for persons who come onto the property.
3. Maintain a system to plan and implement maintenance and improvement tasks, such as carpet cleaning, routine inspections, HVAC filter changing and so on, to enhance use of and prevent premature failure of equipment and building components.
4. Inspect grounds and buildings periodically to identify cleaning and maintenance needs, and safety hazards such as burned-out light bulbs, accumulated debris outside, furniture moved to different rooms, etc.
5. Maintain a system to receive all maintenance and improvement requests from staff and congregation members. Use judgment in prioritizing to determine a commitment time in which the request shall be completed. Ensure all requests are completed within the time frame and communicate on a timely basis with the requestor.
6. Work with the Board of Trustees in identifying, bidding, deciding, and implementing large scale capital repairs and improvements.
7. Maintain professional relationships with vendors. Perform all work in-house that is economically and technically feasible to do so. Where work needs to be contracted by outside companies, solicit multiple bids when appropriate, recommend the bidder who best meets the requirements of the project and oversee the vendor’s completion of the project.
8. Maintain an inventory system for necessary supplies, equipment, materials, and parts to facilitate timely maintenance and repair, balancing ordering and storage costs.
9. Track and budget for costs of all maintenance work. Evaluate ways that costs may be reduced while providing for comfort and reliability. Monitor budget variances and communicate to team leader or other appropriate bodies as needed.
10. Strive to sustain a secure campus. Maintain and evaluate security systems (alarm and fire). Assign campus alarm codes, equip staff to use alarm system and grant key or fob access to staff and lead volunteers. Request off-duty officers or private security personnel as needed for Sunday morning services, Wednesday night discipleship and special events. Patrol the campus at the beginning of the day to ensure the campus is safe prior to the start of Small Blessings or Church services.
11. Act as a liaison with outside groups requesting use of Church facilities.
12. Be present on Sunday mornings during outreach activities and Church services. As such, the work week for this role is Sunday through Thursday.
1. Knowledge and experience in building systems (plumbing, electrical, HVAC, etc.) and housekeeping management.
2. Communication, supervisory and project management skills.
3. Proficient with Microsoft office, including Outlook, Excel, and Word.
4. Should be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
1. Is committed to the mission and vision of Hyde Park United Methodist Church.
2. Demonstrates an enthusiastic, energetic work ethic. Accomplishes tasks in an accurate, cost effective, and timely manner, with minimal supervision.
3. Is warm-hearted. Treats staff and congregation members and visitors with respect and dignity.
4. Seeks innovative solutions to challenges. Exercises sound judgment and comes to reasoned conclusions.
5. Is a team player, has a “can do, how can I help?” attitude.
Contact: Meagan Kempton
Location: Hyde Park United Methodist Church
Address: 500 W Platt Street Tampa 33606
Email: Click to email