Administrative AssistantFaith United Methodist Church
Fort Myers, Florida
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Status: Full Time (28 hours a week out of season and 30 hours per week in season Jan.-Easter).
The hours are the same as the church office hours.
Be part of Making God’s Love Real with youth in grades 6-12 across the Tampa area. The primary goals are to help our youth grow in belief and action as disciples of Christ where they will be connected into loving community, transformed to be more like Jesus, and equipped to teach others how to live life as God intends.
- Maintain accurate membership information in membership book and Servant Keeper, our church Administration software. This includes writing for letters of transfer and issuing offering envelopes.
- Prepare printed material from the church office including special bulk mailings, correspondence, bulletins for Memorial services & holidays, visitor packets, meeting notices to leaders, and other forms as needed.
- Compile ongoing statistical information.
- Order all necessary office and building supplies. Also, ordering materials for Sunday School and small group classes.
- Maintain 6 month, 3 month and 1 month detailed calendar of all church activities. Maintain the online calendar on the website.
- Prepare Church Profile report, yearly charge conference reports and end of year reports annually for the conference. Also, gather data and submit the Missional Vital Signs report regularly.
- Update the ministry tabs on the website.
- Work under the direction of the pastor for special events and ongoing projects.
- Coordinating and training office volunteers.
- Call for repair of equipment when needed.
- Work with Trustees on the purchase of office equipment when needed.
- Work with committee chairs on projects and resolving issues of concern.
- Attend weekly Worship Planning and All Staff meetings, take minutes for each in Microsoft Teams, e-mail Worship Planning notes to the Group in Outlook, which includes volunteers in the worship services.
- Keep the Pastor’s work calendar and schedule appointments.
- Send out committee reminder e-mails and text messages as needed.
- Will be supported by and amenable to the Staff-Parish committee.
- Shall coordinate the work of volunteers who will provide many of the additional resources to accomplish the administrative tasks listed.
- Assign Keys and make sure they are returned when necessary.
- Use Mail Chimp for e-mails to congregation. Add and remove names of people as requested.
- Supervise the Receptionist.
- Reconcile Administrative Assistant Church Visa monthly.
- Update officers of the church annually on shared docs and on the conference website at Charge Conference time.
1.Previous experience in office work preferred.
2.Willingness and ability to work in a United Methodist framework.
3.Ability to coordinate and support volunteers in the office setting.
4.Help create a professional, efficient and cheerful office setting.
5.Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Outlook, Word, Publisher, Teams and Excel.
Contact: Dennis Lewis
Location: Ft. Myers
Address: 15690 McGregor Blvd. Fort Myers FL 33908
Email: Click to email