Director of Traditional Worship
Director of Traditional WorshipWe are a United Methodist Church in Clearwater, Florida. Skycrest welcomes and
includes people of every age, race, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, gender identity,
economic status, and physical and mental ability. United, forgiven, and saved by our
belief in Jesus Christ, we offer a loving environment to all seeking respite in God.
To Apply: Submit resume and cover letter to chair of our hiring committee, Diane Meyers, at email@example.com.
Deadline: June 27, 2022
Job description: The Director of Traditional Worship is responsible for leading the chancel choir in a way that provides the congregation with a meaningful worship experience.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic about the mission of our growing church, and be able to work collaboratively with the choir members, staff team, and church leadership team. Must be proficient in voice and conducting. High school or equivalent required.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Selecting and leading an anthem (choir) and offertory (choir or solo) for each Sunday.
- Lead congregational singing of hymns each Sunday.
- Communicate weekly with office staff and our organist about music selections, order music as needed, effectively lead weekly rehearsals, and help the choir and soloists to improve
- Develop a process for recruiting more choir members.
- Prepare the choir to present occasional seasonal works (such as a cantata) in conjunction with the pastor.
- Work with church handbell choir to prepare and present occasional works to the church.
- Attend monthly worship logistics meeting.
Work Schedule: The Director of Traditional Worship will work between 10-12 hours per week.
Working Relationship: The Director of Traditional Worship is directly accountable to the Pastor and the Leadership Board of the church.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $18.00 - $20.00per hour, commensurate with experience
COVID-19 considerations: Church mask and safety policies are determined by COVID-19 case numbers.
Contact: Diane Meyers
Location: Skycrest United Methodist C/hurch
Address: 2045 Drew Street Clearwater FL 33765
Email: Click to email