Food Pantry Coordinator – Mobile Pantry
Job Title: Food Pantry Coordinator – Mobile Pantry - part-time - $16-$17/hr.
Organization Objective: CROS Ministries serves the hungry in Palm Beach and Martin Counties through community collaborations. CROS is supported by churches, synagogues, community groups and private individuals throughout Palm Beach County and the Treasure Coast, all of whom share in this common goal.
Expectation for All Employees: All employees will support the organization’s mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: professionalism, excellence and competence, collaboration, innovation, respect individuality of others, commitment to our community, accountability, and ownership of actions and decisions. All employees will demonstrate support of the organization through commitment to policy, safety and security, and compliance. All employees are expected to participate in organization events and support organization program operations.
Job Overview: This position is responsible for overseeing operations of the Mobile Food Pantry. This is a part-time position, 20 hours per week. Hours are part-time, mornings, Tuesday through Saturday.
- Manage the set up and operation of the Mobile Food Pantry service sites (pantry operation includes driving the truck to site, unloading equipment and food, set up site, supervise volunteers doing client intake and service, break down site, load truck)
- Recruit, train and supervise volunteers
- Organize and coordinate community food drives
- Oversee data management and program reporting
- Maintain relationships with community partners
- Work to educate the community as to systemic causes and solutions to ending hunger
Education and Experience
- Associate Degree in related field OR High School Diploma/GED plus five years directly related experience
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Previous experience working with volunteers a plus
- Previous experience driving a truck a must
- Previous experience operating a forklift a plus
- Previous warehouse experience a plus
- Must have a valid FL driver license, clean driving record, reliable transportation
- Must be able to pass background check and drug screening
- Intermediate computer knowledge, database experience a plus
- Teamwork and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to understand and follow instructions to complete assigned tasks
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to problem solve, implement solutions, work independently
- Knowledge of applicable work environment safety rules a plus
- Fluency in Spanish and/or Creole a plus
- Must provide COVID vaccination card or a negative test result weekly
- Must wear mask indoors when working in close proximity to others
- Must be able to lift and move 50 lbs. repetitively
- Must be able to grasp and hold
- Must be able to climb, crawl, and stoop to reach material; bend at the waist; kneel or crouch for extended periods of time; reach overhead, above the shoulders and horizontally
- Must be able to withstand extended periods of sitting, standing, and/or bending
- Must be able to withstand extended periods of working outdoors
- Must be able to climb stairs
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with diverse groups
- Occasional after hours work is required throughout the year.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mail or e-mail a letter/e-mail of intent, resume, and a completed employment application. CROS’ employment application form can be found on our web site at www.crosministries.org or call our office at 561-233-9009.
ATTN: Meredith Caldwell
3677 23rd Ave. S., #B-101
Lake Worth, FL 33461
E-mail your submission to email@example.com
Submissions should have both components, as listed above, to be considered complete. This position will remain posted till filled.
It is the policy of CROS Ministries to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability, gender, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, age or other unlawful discriminatory characteristics as defined in federal, state, or local laws. All candidates are considered on the basis of individual character, qualifications, and abilities in relation to the requirements of the advertised position.
Contact: Karen Mills
Location: CHRISTIANS REACHING OUT TO SOCIETY, INC.
Address: 3677 23rd Ave S STE B-101 LAKE WORTH BEACH FL 33461
Email: Click to email