Director of Children's Ministries
Director of Children’s Ministries – Full Time, Exempt
Be part of Making God’s Love Real in the lives of children and families from babies – Grade 5.
Are you a strategic and visionary leader that can cultivate relationships with diverse groups of people? Then you could be the next person to join our team and help children know and experience the love of God made real in Jesus. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: overseeing curriculum, weekly programs, annual and periodic events, inviting and equipping volunteers.
We are looking for someone to equip, lead and spiritually support staff and lay persons to use their gifts in ministry with children and families in the life of this church.
- Leadership: Support, mentor and coach the Children's Ministries Leadership Team made up of staff and volunteers. Supervise part-time staff.
- Strategic: Continuously identify new ways to be effective in all areas of ministry in person and online, plan strategically for the future of these ministries through various phases, and implement new strategies as needed.
- Visionary: Communicate a clear vision, goals and benchmarks to staff, lay volunteers and parents, and evaluate progress toward those goals.
- Relational: Create a positive environment for staff, volunteers and families - one of teamwork and cooperation
Education / Training / Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Christian Education or in an area of study related to child development or related experience.
- Skills, aptitude, training and experience in children's ministry.
- Ability to coach and lead a team of volunteers and staff.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Relevant experience in a large United Methodist church.
- A Christ-centered, biblically-rooted, warm-hearted faith in Christ which expresses itself in a loving, joyful, healthy relationship with others and personal freedom in sharing his/her personal experience of Christ.
- A clear passion to help children experience and know the love of God.
- A commitment to the mission and vision of Hyde Park United Methodist.
- A visionary person with the initiative to explore the most effective means by which the church’s mission can be fulfilled.
- A team player who works well with other church staff members and who has proven effectiveness in working with volunteers.
- Personal commitment to the spiritual heritage, doctrine, and Social Principles of the United Methodist Church.
- Evidence of Christian character lived-out through spiritual disciplines and participation in the life of the church.
- High energy level for the demands of a growing ministry.
Why this is a great place to work
- Hyde Park is a church where all people are truly welcome and invited to use their gifts in ministry. No matter their gender, skin color, sexual orientation, ethnicity or political party - all people are welcome and loved.
- This church is proud of our past and simultaneously points toward the future. We have a sanctuary full of stained-glass windows and a majestic pipe organ, where you can hear a 50-person Chancel Choir. We also have a brand-new Contemporary worship space where you can experience creative and modern worship with a band and singers.
- Hyde Park is a church that values people's questions about faith and in-depth study of the Bible. We are intentionally Wesleyan as we live out our church life together. Our team of ordained clergy includes both women and men.
- Our staff and volunteers work together by design, because we believe it is important to equip the laity for ministry and not just "get the task done ourselves".
- Our staff values each other, prays together weekly and remembers to play together also. We care for one another, while at the same time pushing each other to be our best. We work hard, strive for excellence and place a high value on rest and taking vacation time.
- Hyde Park United Methodist is located in the historic Hyde Park neighborhood of beautiful Tampa, Florida just blocks from Bayshore Boulevard.
Candidates must be growing in their own faith journey, warm-hearted, open-minded, organized, fun persons who are committed to mainline Christian faith in the Methodist tradition. View full job description. Click here to apply. This is a non-clergy staff position.
Contact: John Barolo
Location: Hyde Park United Methodist
Address: 500 W. Platt St. Tampa FL 33606
Email: Click to email