POSITION: Communications Specialist (Full-time) 30 hours per week
- Create, review, and maintain website content on hydeparkumc.org and theportico.org.
- Produce news content: weekly email newsletter, website posts, weekly senior pastor email, media releases and other online communications. Editing for style and format; creating simple layouts with inserted photos or graphics.
- Produce online worship bulletins. This includes gathering, composing, editing and formatting information on website and the Church Online Platform (ChOP). Coordinating content with worship ministries.
- Produce and distribute flyers, posters, QR codes and other print pieces as needed.
- Serve as backup to Executive Director and Director of Worship Technology, able to implement social media and graphics as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Education/Training: Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience preferred
- Excellent writing and editing skill
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and InDesign in particular)
1. Committed to the mission and vision of Hyde Park United Methodist.
2. Detailed oriented with flexibility, adaptability and good time management.
3. Demonstrates an enthusiastic, energetic work ethic. Accomplishes tasks in an accurate, effective and timely manner with minimal supervision.
4. Warm-hearted and open-minded. Treats staff, congregation and visitors with
respect and dignity.
5. Seeks innovative solutions to challenges. Exercises sound judgment and comes to reasoned conclusions.
6. Is a team player, has a “can do,” “how can I help?” attitude.
7. A sense of humor and ability not to take him/herself to seriously.
Why this is a great place to work
- Hyde Park is a church where all people are truly welcome and invited to use their gifts in ministry.
- This church is proud of our past and simultaneously points toward the future. We have a sanctuary full of stained-glass windows and a majestic pipe organ, where you can hear a 50-person Chancel Choir. We also have a brand-new Contemporary worship space where you can experience creative and modern worship with a band and singers.
- Hyde Park is a church that values people's questions about faith and in-depth study of the Bible. We are intentionally Wesleyan as we live out our church life together. Our team of ordained clergy includes both women and men.
- Our staff and volunteers work together by design, because we believe it is important to equip the laity for ministry and not just "get the task done ourselves".
- Our staff values each other, prays together weekly and remembers to play together also. We care for one another, while at the same time pushing each other to be our best. We work hard, strive for excellence and place a high value on rest and taking vacation time.
- Hyde Park United Methodist is located in the historic Hyde Park neighborhood of beautiful Tampa, Florida just blocks from Bayshore Boulevard.
Contact: Gwen Lindsey
Location: Hyde Park United Methodist
Address: 500 W Platt St Tampa 33606