Palm Harbor United Methodist Church is looking for an Administrative Assistant to report to the lead pastor. This position is salary, non-exempt, and regularly scheduled to work 25 hours per week.
Provide administrative assistance to the Lead Pastor at Palm Harbor United Methodist Church and support for both membership and staff and maintaining a warm welcoming atmosphere for visitors to the church campus in person, by phone, or by written communication.
- First point of contact for visitors, members, and phone calls and must be able to deal with a variety of “walk-in” issues daily.
- Recruit, train, and support volunteers who wish to serve in the front office.
- Schedule volunteers to ensure coverage during office hours.
- Prepare and submit Church Conference reports (yearly) and keep data of these reports during the year.
- Prepare Year End reports and keep data of these reports throughout the year.
- Work with Associate Pastor for meeting the needs for walk-in assistance requests.
- Coordinate all appointments for the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain all membership and committee files and records for the Lead Pastor and PHUMC.
- Reconcile Visa bill for Lead pastor monthly.
- Attend Executive Council Meetings (4th Tuesday of every month) and take minutes.
- Attend staff meetings weekly and take minutes.
- Oversee mail and distribute.
- Oversee office machines and assist others with the use of the office machines (duplexing, finishing, enlarging, reducing, removing jams, understand message display, and processing what may be causing problems)
- Keep front office and break room tidy and assure that all supplies are kept up.
- Distribute mail packages to various programs within the church.
- Collect and maintain all membership records including baptisms, marriages, transfers, withdrawals, deaths, births, etc. in Fellowship One and maintain the official hard copy of membership record books.
- Maintain information in Fellowship One for members and prospects (addresses, phone numbers, emails, families, birth dates, profiles, attendance, marital status, etc.
- Maintain staff contact information sheet, ministry information sheet, and staff birthday information sheet as staff and ministry positions change.
- Communicate effectively on the phone.
- Strong people skills.
- Basic computer skills, typing skills, and general working knowledge of office equipment.
- Self-starter, flexible, adaptable, and a team player.
- Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Organizational ability and multi-task.
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Spends over 70% of the time sitting; the remainder of time includes walking and standing.
- Occasional weekend and/or evening work.
Contact: Dana Roeling
Location: Palm Harbor United Methodist Church
Address: 1551 Belcher Road Palm Harbor FL 34683