Financial Assistant/Church Treasurer
Title: Church Treasurer
Looking for an experienced, highly motivated treasurer who can perform basic accounting task. The individual must have strong verbal and communication skills, be proficient with QuickBooks online and able to use their experience to make our organization more efficient.
Finance Committee Chairperson
Description of duties
- Daily accounting and banking responsibility.
- Attends Finance Committee meetings.
- Prepares quarterly(currently done in July and YE) records of giving for distribution to congregation.
- Performs all banking activities as needed, include making deposits, preparing checks, and reconciling accounts. This position is not empowered to authorize expenditures and sign checks.
- Provides all payroll functions for church staff, calculates pay and prepares checks in a timely manner. Maintains payroll records
- Compiles and interprets information from various sources and prepares reports when requested.
- Utilizes PC and software for database management and spreadsheets.
- Communicates regularly with Financial Committee Chairperson and Financial Committee Secretary.
- Prepares all Federal annual, monthly and quarterly reports: 941’s & W2’s
- Prepares Financials for end of year conference/District Reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
This is a part-time hourly position. Normally requires 15-20 hours/ wk. Flexible hours required.
Training and resources
Attend appropriate seminars and workshops to gain/maintain proficiency on software and technology.
Qualifications, skills, and gifts
- Accounting, Bookkeeping, Banking, and financial management.
- Ability to research, analyze, evaluate, and form conclusions using math skills, financial objectivity, and accounting tools and software.
- Ability to remain discrete regarding the giving patterns of individuals in the congregation.
- Desire to work with pastoral staff, support staff, church leaders, committees, and volunteers in a financial support role
- Willingness to be responsive to deadlines and schedule commitments.
- Understanding of payroll functions.
Contact: Jim Berlau
Address: 13502 Town Loop Blvd Orlando FL 32837