Director of Children's Ministries
Title: Director of Children's Ministries
Responsible to: Senior Pastor
Status: Part -Time, Salaried
To provide primary oversight for the Christian Education, Spiritual Formation, and Discipleship for the children within the congregation of Palm Coast United Methodist Church. He/she will coordinate a ministry of Christian Education with volunteers, so that children are introduced to Jesus Christ and nurtured as disciples to follow Christ and love their neighbors.
Qualifications: BA preferred in Family/Children Ministry or Christian Education degree. Must be spiritually mature in one’s faith. Ability to communicate and work well with others: encouraging, discerning other’s gifts for ministry: leading to the ability to recruit Sunday School teachers, small group leaders and Bible study facilitators. Proficient in computer technology and utilization of social media. Good communication skills, organization skills and people skills. Experience in ministry with children desired. Experience in discipleship, program coordination, volunteer recruitment and training. United Methodist background preferred. Expected to understand and support the United Methodist Church’s doctrine in all areas of faith and practice.
- Assist/lead the Education Committee in planning and direct programs of Christian education, such as Sunday School, and Vacation Bible School.
- Oversee and expand Sunday School program (administration, missions, education and training for Sunday School teachers).
- Lead and coordinate Vacation Bible School and other children’s ministries throughout the year.
- Administers Safe Sanctuaries policy ensuring that church is following all set guidelines.
- Report directly to the Pastor and meet with the Pastor regularly to coordinate ministries.
- Provide educational support for Christian Pre-School. Lead Children’s Chapel and be available to attend special events.
- Serve as a resource person, liaison and advisor to the Education Committee and the Christian School Advisory Committee.
- Select and secure all materials and necessary resources and ensure all materials and resources are compatible with the social educational principles established in the Book of Discipline of the United Methodist Church.
- Communication skills to include all aspects of creating/ distributing newsletters and emails to parents
- Recruit and train acolytes.
- Serve as the Warren Willis Summer Camp Coordinator, organize fundraisers and attend summer camp with the children.
- Oversee and train Nursery/Child Care employees. Recruit, schedule and train Nursery/Child Care volunteers.
- Coordinate and implement other programs for educational purposes such as, Family Bible Study and Children’s Moment during church service.
- Organize and participate in mission outreach programs including, but not limited to annual Trunk or Treat and Easter Egg Hunt.
- Organize and plan Family ministry events such as including, but not limited to family movie nights and family outings.
- Follow up with new visitors that have children to welcome them back to the church.
- Works closely with the Pastor and staff for the growth and development of the total educational ministry for the children of the Church.
- Will be expected to back-up Director of Youth and Adult Ministries as needed.
- Other duties as needed.
In cooperation with the Senior Pastor and the Staff Parish Relations Committee, to provide an ongoing strategy for continuous improvement and to participate in continuing education experiences designed to address identified areas of growth in order to improve, enhance and develop gifts and skills in ministry.
Contact: Sherry Rimstidt
Location: Palm Coast United Methodist Church
Address: 5200 Belle Terre Pkwy Palm Coast FL 32137