Hyde Park United Methodist is seeking a person to serve on our Communications team. This person will be responsible for website administration as well as our weekly digital newsletter. They will also create communication pieces as needed. Please see job description for details and apply no later than August 5, 2021.
POSITION: Communications Specialist
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
STATUS: Full-Time (Non-exempt) 30 hours weekly
- Create, review, and maintain website content on hydeparkumc.org and theportico.org.
- Produce news content: weekly email newsletter, website posts, weekly senior pastor email, media releases and other online communications. Editing for style and format; creating simple layouts with inserted photos or graphics.
- Produce online worship bulletins. This includes gathering, composing, editing and formatting information on website and the Church Online Platform (ChOP). Coordinating content with worship ministries.
- Produce and distribute flyers, posters, QR codes and other print pieces as needed.
- Serve as backup to Executive Director and Director of Worship Technology, able to implement social media and graphics as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Education/Training: Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience preferred
- Excellent writing and editing skill
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and InDesign in particular)
1. Committed to the mission and vision of Hyde Park United Methodist.
2. Detailed oriented with flexibility, adaptability and good time management.
3. Demonstrates an enthusiastic, energetic work ethic. Accomplishes tasks in an accurate, effective and timely manner with minimal supervision.
4. Warm-hearted and open-minded. Treats staff, congregation and visitors with
respect and dignity.
5. Seeks innovative solutions to challenges. Exercises sound judgment and comes to reasoned conclusions.
6. Is a team player, has a “can do,” “how can I help?” attitude.
7. A sense of humor and ability not to take him/herself to seriously.
Contact: Gwen Lindsey
Location: Hyde Park United Methodist
Address: 500 W Platt St Tampa FL 33606