Director of Children & Family Ministries
- Exhibit a Christ-centered, Biblically rooted, warm-hearted faith in Christ which expresses itself in loving, joyful, healthy relationships with others and personal freedom in sharing his/her personal experience of Christ.
- Possess Christian character evidenced by a life of prayer, spiritual discipline, tithing, and participation in the life of the church, including small group participation.
- Be loyal and supportive of the pastor and other staff of FUMCC and support the decisions of the Leadership Board.
- Display an excitement and commitment to the mission and vision of FUMCC.
- Be a team-player who works well with other members of the church staff and who has proven effectiveness in working with volunteers.
- Have a personal commitment to the spiritual heritage, doctrine, and Social Principles of the United Methodist Church.
- Possess a sense of humor and ability not to take him/herself too seriously.
- Bring entrepreneurial & organizational skills in identifying and developing new ministries with children and their families.
- Possess the ability to be bi-lingual
- Evaluate the neighborhood for the needs that are present and leverage congregational resources to address those needs.
- Work with the Director of Outreach in developing relationships with people in the area.
- Work with the Director of Discipleship in regarding classes, small groups and other discipleship related activities for children and families.
- Be a relational presence at all activities with children and their families, seeking to connect them to the members of FUMCC and entry-level ministries, including worship.
- Assure that all activities include congregational branding that points people to the possibility of enhanced engagement with FUMCC.
- Develop four flexible teams, having spiritual care responsibilities for the leaders of those teams.
Ø Team 2 deals with building utilization, seeking to creatively present the spaces of FUMCC for potential children’s and family worship.
Ø Team 3 utilizes the neighborhood analysis to develop appropriate ministries such as mentoring, tutoring, parent support, gym activities, etc.
Ø Team 4 plans major seasonal and/or outreach events two to four times per year with an intention of providing a Sunday morning component within each event to encourage family experience of worship.
- Oversee the implementation of the church’s Child/Youth Protection Policy relative to the Children and Family Ministry.
- Be the “face of FUMCC Children & Family Ministry.” In that role the Director is expected to build a positive relationship with the congregation so that s/he can maintain support for the Children & Family Ministry.
- Develop and oversee the Children & Family Ministry budget in cooperation with the Treasurer and Finance Chair.
- Attend Leadership Board and other church related meetings as required.
Contact: Matt Wallis
Location: First UMC Clearwater, FL
Address: 411 Turner St Clearwater FL 33756