Director of Children's Ministry
The Director of Children's Ministry will provide leadership, guidance, and direction in expansive area of Children’s Ministry at New Hope. This includes oversight and supervision of New Hope Children’s Ministry programs, both English and Spanish-speaking, developing a vibrant and growth-oriented children’s ministry that seeks to reach more children for Jesus Christ. A main aspect of this position is the growth of the ministry, including the development of new programs and connections in the community. This position will also be responsible for creating a seamless connection between the church and the preschool.
This person reports to the Executive Pastor.
Working at New Hope
Employees of New Hope are expected to live their lives in a way that honors our mission, vision, and values.
Our mission: To make more and better followers of Jesus Christ.
Our vision: To be Rooted in God’s Word, Renewed by the Holy Spirit, and Reaching the world.
Our core values: At New Hope, we love Jesus, care about all people, follow God’s guidance, seek to live out truth with grace, work in teams and value everyone’s input, and are open to taking risks and making bold decisions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise age-level children’s ministry employees and volunteers; create team atmosphere and provide direction and support
- Supervise New Hope Early Learning Director and sit on the New Hope Early Learning Center Administrative Board
- Create a strong connection between English and Spanish-speaking New Hope children's ministry programs
- Provide assistance as far as curriculum, discipline, child protection guidelines, etc. for staff and volunteers
- Lead weekly Children’s Ministry staff meetings; attend New Hope UMC program director staff meetings
- Oversee and lead Vacation Bible School and other elementary-age camps
- Develop new programs focused on growth (i.e. MOPS, parents' night outs, afterschool programs, children's choir, new camps, etc.) and make connections in the community as appropriate.
- Develop a stronger connection between the church and our preschool (New Hope Early Learning)
- Lead the Children’s Ministry Action Plan (MAP) team to encourage new program ideas and solve adaptive problems
- Attend conferences and trainings to continually grow skill set
- Hire and terminate employees as needed, under the guidance of Staff Parish Relations Team
- a Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university is preferred
- demonstrated experience in children's ministry
- have a call to lead young children and their families into a saving relationship with Jesus Christ
- become an active part of the overall ministries at New Hope
- bilingual highly preferred
- have a mature relationship with Jesus Christ and be actively engaged in the ministry of a local church, preferably New Hope UMC
Salary and Benefits
Salary will be based on qualifications and experience. Salary range is $40,000-$45,000.
- copy of transcripts
- two professional references
- a statement of faith
- current church affiliation
Contact: Vicki Harrison
Location: New Hope
Address: 213 N. Knights Ave. Brandon 33510