Franklin First United Methodist Church, Franklin, NC
Children’s Program Director
The Children’s Program Director has the overall responsibility for all children’s activities and leads the children’s Christian educational program.
Title: Children’s Program Director
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Type of position: Part-time (30 hours/week)
- Provide safe children’s facilities and ensure all volunteers and staff that serve in the Children’s Ministry have current background checks and are in compliance with Safe Sanctuary policies.
- Provide Christian Education Program for children birth to 5th grade. The program will be delivered through lessons on Sunday morning and special events. All lessons will be based on age appropriate Bible stories and consistent with Methodist theology. The children’s program director will provide curriculum and resources for all lessons/activities and will recruit and train volunteers as needed to implement the lessons/activities.
- The lessons on Sunday morning include Sunday School, the Children’s Message during worship service and Children’s Church. All three of these lessons on Sunday will support each other and the lessons will build on each other throughout the year to provide a cohesive Christian Education that is consistent with age appropriate benchmarks established by the Education Committee.
- Special Events will include a summer program, such as Vacation Bible School, 3 or 4 seasonal activities per year based on the Christian calendar and 3 or 4 projects per year that provide an opportunity for the children to serve others.
- Support children’s participation in and/or service to the church such as music programs, the acolyte program and greeting.
- Hold regular parent meetings to communicate information and gather input for future planning.
- Recruit, train and supervise the Nursery Staff and provide curriculum for the nursery.
- Recruit families with young children to the church.
- Work closely with all Church ministries to expand community outreach to children and their families.
- Attend Staff Meetings and participate in staff development as appropriate.
- Serve as the staff Liaison for Children’s Council and as a member of the Education Committee.
- Provide regular updates of Children’s Ministry activities to Church Secretary and/or Communications Committee.
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting the spiritual growth of children and their families through education and ministry.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational abilities, ability to function independently and as part of a ministry team.
- Creativity, energy, and a willingness to explore new approaches to ministry.
- Proficient with digital media and office software.
- Able to manage within budget.
- Have or be willing to gain education in Methodist Theology from the First United Methodist Church.
Contact: David W. Beam
Location: First UMC Franklin, NC
Address: 66 Harrison Ave. Franklin NC 28734