Full-Time Children and Families Minister
Job Summary: Creates a new children’s ministry program, birth through fifth grade. Plans, organizes, and implements a wide range of activities for children. Recruits, trains, and leads volunteer teams. Provides discipleship essentials for youth attending the church. Works with church staff and leaders to help implement the church mission. Works to achieve sustainable growth over time.
- Demonstrated Christian character and commitment in daily life and the ability to articulate a personal faith journey.
- An appreciation of the history and theological tradition of the United Methodist Church.
- Supports the mission, core values, and discipleship process at First UMC.
- Ability to organize programs and activities and to activate responsibilities with a minimum of supervision and follow-up.
- Excellent people skills and the ability to build and motivate volunteer teams.
- Strong communion skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to receive and integrate feedback to solve problems and innovate.
- A minimum of three years experience in leading children’s activities, preferably in a children’s ministry setting.
- A college degree in Education, Religion/Children’s Ministry, or related fields (preferred)
Specific duties available upon request.
Contact: Rev. Mark Reynolds
Location: First United Methodist Church
Address: 3300 N. Atlantic Ave. Cocoa Beach FL 32931