Director of Administration
Purpose of Position: The Director of Administration will have the responsibility of supervising and coordinating the fiscal, personnel, purchasing, property control, property maintenance, and related administrative needs of the Church. Provide executive support to the pastor and serve as primary representative during his/her absence.
1. A seven-year combination of education, training, and experience in responsible administrative work, fiscal accounting, related area which includes at least one year in a supervisory capacity.
2. Competency in the use of office computer systems, office equipment (copier, duplicator, fax, etc.) and contemporary office management software programs (MS Word, Automated Church System (ACS), Excel, Power Point, Quick Books, etc.).
3. Knowledge of supervisory methods, techniques and practices.
4. Ability to plan, organize, delegate, review, and direct the work of subordinate staff.
1. Should be a person of good moral and ethical character in line with the mission of the employer.
2. Should be neat and clean in appearance, personable and responsible, and able to respect confidentiality.
3. Should be able to understand, accept, and work with persons of all ages in order to help them to realize their potential and develop their talents through our organization.
4. Contact with others require skills in understanding a n d influencing people and are important in supervising staff, and coordinating the varied administrative functions of the church.
5. Should possess the needed skills for the position.
1. Should be an organized person… punctual, disciplined, and attentive to details.
2. Should be a team person… able to work with appropriate c o m m i t t e e s, task forces, volunteers, and other staff persons.
3. Should be willing to learn new skills and abilities… and open to opportunities for personal and intellectual growth.
4. Should have knowledge of, and be in accord with, the purpose and the philosophy of the employer.
Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Supervise all aspects of the day-to-day fiscal operations of the Church.
- Supervise counting of receipts and post contributions, general ledger, and accounts
- Prepare and distribute quarterly financial statements to donors.
- Assign and track offering envelopes to all donors who desire them.
- Prepare the first draft of the annual Operating Budget of the Church.
- Prepare and distribute monthly finance reports to Pastor and committee chairs.
- Present monthly financial report to the Finance Committee.
- Approve and prepare all payments, bills, notes, and premiums.
- Compile and complete Charge Conference and year-end financial reports.
- Review and confirm payroll amount and coordinate payroll disbursement to employees.
- Review and confirm all reports and forms for IRS, Worker’s Compensation, etc.
- Monitor all property and liability insurance policies held by the Church.
- Oversee the maintenance and registration of Church owned vehicles.
- Order all supplies for office, building, offering envelopes, etc. used by the Church.
- Coordinate all routine custodial requirements throughout the Church.
- Coordinate all payroll vendor services.
- Coordinate all Information Technology requirements with vendor.
- Contact service personnel for building and equipment maintenance.
- Coordinate and manage key control and facility security matters.
- Solicit bids from area vendors for work needed by the Church.
- Maintain log of active service contracts on equipment owned by the Church.
- Keep an accurate record of Memorial gifts made to the Church and Permanent Endowment funds.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, and firing all subordinate personnel, with concurrence of the Pastor and the Staff-Parish Relations Committee.
- Responsible for on-boarding all new hire personnel.
- In coordination with the Pastor and Staff-Parish Relations Committee, submit and maintain background check records for all new hire and church volunteers.
- Responsible for tracking absences, leaves, vacations, etc. for all employees. • Perform semi-annual Performance Reviews on Subordinate personnel.
6. Perform other collateral duties from time to time as assigned
Contact: Arlindall N/A Burks
Location: Arlington United Methodist Church
Address: 1400 University Blvd N Jacksonville FL 32211