St. Luke’s UMC seeks a Technical Director who is passionate about excellence in live production and growing diverse production teams in a faith-based setting. Full Time, Exempt; Excellent benefits including health insurance, retirement match and generous PTO.
Position Description: In collaboration with Minister of Worship and Arts, the Technical Director develops a holistic strategy for technical ministries in worship, theatre, and events for St. Luke’s. This position develops technical staff and volunteers to lead and facilitate technical needs for all experiences, as well as overseeing all technical equipment needed for the creation and implementation of worship, theatre, and creative production for special events, conferences or meetings.
- Ability to recruit, train, inspire and lead volunteer teams
- Collaborate creatively and technically, and communicate effectively with other directors, volunteers and part time staff
- 3+ years experience in audiovisual production or similar field
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve in live production scenarios
- Alignment with St. Luke’s Core Values and Mission/Vision, and the ability to invite others into our values/mission
- Church worship production and livestreaming
- Technical production for theatre
- Wirecast or similar OBS streaming software
- Programming intelligent and conventional lighting, including hang and focus
- Microphone/mixing applications required for live/recorded events
- Multi-track audio recording or professional audio systems installation and maintenance
Contact: Rev. Melissa Cooper
Location: St. Luke's UMC
Address: 4851 S Apopka Vineland Rd Orlando 32819