Job Summary: Provides piano and/or keyboard music for traditional worship services, and other special services and occasional gatherings. Enhances the service of worship by selecting appropriate music which assists the congregation in praising and serving God.
- Supports the mission, core values, and discipleship process at First UMC.
- Knowledge of music—especially church music for worship services, and choir rehearsal techniques.
- Ability to:
- Play piano proficiently.
- Sight-read music.
- Play wide variety of hymns and transpose hymns as required.
- Accompany soloists, choirs, and other music groups in rehearsals and services.
- Play four-part choral parts in rehearsal.
- Prepare and play prelude, offertory, and postlude as needed.
- Play church organ (preferred but not required).
- Work cooperatively with a variety of people and ages.
- Provides piano music for traditional worship services.
- Establishes a worshipful, positive feeling and movement in the worship service through selection of music appropriate to worship themes.
- Provides piano music for other occasions as requested, such as Ash Wednesday, Good Friday, Maundy Thursday, Christmas Eve, wedding celebrations, and funerals.
- Provides accompaniment for song leaders, choir, and other musical groups as needed.
- Coordinates and cooperates with the pastor and office staff.
- Performs other related duties as may be requested or required.
Contact: MARK REYNOLDS
Location: First United Methodist Church
Address: First United Methodist Church, 3300 N. Atlantic Ave. Cocoa Beach 32931