HIRING: Audio Visual Technician in Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Audio Visual Technician
Point Washington United Methodist Church
Location: Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Part-time, salaried exempt position
About Point Washington United Methodist Church:
Point Washington United Methodist Church (PWUMC) is a thriving community of faith in the 6th fastest growing county in the United States. An historic congregation of the United Methodist Church, Point Washington UMC offers both traditional and contemporary worship services and engages members in mission and outreach within our community and beyond. We are a church home to locals, part-time residents, and visitors because of our unique location on the shores of paradise – between the Choctawhatchee Bay and the beautiful white beaches of Florida’s 30A!
About the Audio Visual Technician Position:
Worship and fellowship gatherings of PWUMC incorporate the use of various media and technology in order to more fully engage those in music, liturgy and spoken word; in addition, videos and live feeds of our worship services are published on social media and our website for the purpose of engaging those who beyond the walls of the church. The Audio Visual Technician enables the highest quality of sound, video and other media for in-person and remote participation in our community of faith. The Audio Visual Technician will be a leader who desires to serve out of her or his dedication to the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to work with joy as a member of the body of Christ to the glory of God.
The Audio Visual Technician is an integral lay staff member who facilitates worship and fellowship gatherings of Point Washington United Methodist Church (PWUMC) by providing technical direction and support for audio, visual or other media components needed and who recruits, trains, and empowers volunteers in the area of audio visual ministry.
· Profess Christianity and uphold the most recent version of The Book of Discipline of The United Methodist Church
· Maintain a reliable system for providing technical support for all worship services and events. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
Audio mixing, monitor mixing, and audio recording; lighting production;
switching with multiple cameras, video recording, and live streaming production and uploading recordings to PWUMC website; ProPresenter presentation;
prepare stage for rehearsals, worship services, and events
· Initiate successful communication with pastors, Music Director, ministry leaders, and event coordinators in order to help facilitate a/v needs
· Recruit, train, equip, schedule, and lead a/v volunteers
· Ensure that campus technologies are in working order
· Advise on future purchases
· Oversee any technical installation
· Keep reliable records for purchases and licensing
· Attend staff, Church Council, and other meetings as needed
· Other duties as assigned
Anticipated Time Commitments:
The Audio Visual Technician is a part-time exempt position with a weekly expectation of 6-8 hours per week. On-site hours will include Sundays from 8am until approximately 1pm. In addition to Sundays, the Audio Visual Technician is expected to perform duties at the following special worship services: Ash Wednesday service, Maundy Thursday service, and Christmas Eve services (multiple services). Further, the Audio Visual Technician will be the primary person responsible for audio visual needs at all on-site wedding rehearsals, weddings and funerals; these services will be paid as additional salary.
Salary Range: $9,000 - $11,000 (annually). Salary negotiable based on experience.
Supervision: This position is under the direct supervision of the Senior Pastor and the Music Director.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities and Experience:
· Knowledge of audio systems and large-format digital
· Knowledge of media in the context of worship services, specifically: live and streaming video environments;
presentation software (ProPresenter); projectors, displays and video transmission
· Knowledge of lighting in the context of worship services
· Ability to learn and master new technology quickly and thoroughly
· Expert knowledge of audio/video/lighting signal flows and strong ability to troubleshoot in all of these
· Demonstrate an agreeable, cooperative, and positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills
· Excellent leadership skills
· Ability to inspire and motivate teams of volunteers and leaders
· Ability to embrace and pursue artistic and spiritual excellence in services
· Strong organizational abilities, time management skills, and attention to details
· Ability to be flexible in an environment that is subject to spur of the moment change
· Ability to coordinate several activities at once and quickly analyze and resolve specific problems
· Formal training in production or related discipline
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.To Apply: Please email a cover letter and resume to the attention of Rev. Amy Persons at firstname.lastname@example.org. Both cover letter and resume are necessary for an application to be reviewed.
Contact: Amy Persons
Location: Point Washington United Methodist Church
Address: 1290 N. County HWY 395 Santa Rosa Beach FL 32459