First United Methodist Church of Boca Raton is seeking a Business Manager. The Business Manager is responsible for the general operation of the church. This responsibility includes functioning as the church Treasurer; supervising the areas of Budget/Finance (in conjunction with the Finance Committee); Operations, Facilities, Legal, Insurance and related matters (in conjunction with the Trustees); and Human Resources (in conjunction with the Staff Parish Committee). The Business Manager will evaluate and lead the staff in the areas above in supporting the mission and ministries of FUMC Boca while maintaining the highest levels of professionalism and confidentiality.
Candidates should have these specific Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Accounting or Finance.
- Strong business background preferably utilized in a church or non-profit setting. Knowledge of United Methodist Church practices and reporting requirements desirable.
- Proven leadership, excellent organization skills and strong written and oral communications.
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects and deadlines.
- Ability to think and act strategically to support the ministries of the church.
- Ability to work as a team leader in a collegial, supportive and creative manner.
- Experience in using ACS Church Management Software, especially People and Financial modules.
- Competent in Microsoft Office.
- Comfortable with computers and possess intermediate IT skills.
Interested candidates should contact Cathy Herschelman, SPRC Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Cathy Herschelman
Location: First United Methodist Church, Boca Raton
Address: 625 NE Mizner Blvd Boca Raton FL 33432