Director of Administration and Technology
The role of the Director of Administration and Technology is to assist the Senior Pastor in overseeing the life and direction of the church. This includes aligning and coordinating staff and laity leadership teams to our vision and mission as well our values and strategy.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
This position includes coordinating, and supervising the management of church properties, managing the IT platforms (social media, webpage), video conferencing, and coordinating building security and maintenance. Also use creative intuition to help develop and evaluate all technology departments Including Communication, Worship and Technology. On Sundays and special events handling audio & video equipment being responsible for setting up, installing, operating, testing and troubleshooting audio and video (online streaming) equipment.
To produce the best possible atmosphere for worship through sound reinforcement to include i but is not limited to supporting the audio needs of the people involved with the church service. Ultimately, glorify God through providing excellent audio services.
Compensation: $15 an hour with a 90 day review.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for opening and closing of church office for public office hours.
- Greet visitors and inform employees of arrivals.
- Answer incoming phone calls and direct calls to appropriate employee check phone messages.
- Make appointments for the pastoral team and Church Administrator as needed.
- Manage and maintain required conference reporting
- Coordinate and manage the scheduling of meetings
- Responsible to organizing volunteers and establishing priorities to ensure work is completed on schedule and within budget.
- Make facility reservations for church members and church groups.
- Maintain key check out log and inventory of church keys available for check out.
- Collect and sort all incoming mail and packages.
- Conduct weekly inventory of office supplies and place orders as needed.
- Print and distribute facility calendar on a weekly basis.
- Monitor and respond as needed to general church email address and social media accounts.
- Work as a team member on the development and content of the weekly bulletin, printed marketing materials, or other materials for congregation distribution.
- Work as a team member on general church communications, including the development and distribution of eNews (and/or paper newsletter).
- Create, distribute, and/or collect reports of worship, Bible study, and children and youth attendance.
- Create registration forms and other documents and forms as needed.
- Keeping the website up to date with calendar of events going on in the church.
- Order Bible study materials and distribute to group leaders upon their arrival as needed.
Typical Work Week Schedule
Monday 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Tuesday 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Wednesday 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Thursday 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Sunday 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Education & Experience
- Professing Christian
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 2-5 years’ experience in general management or related field.
- Prior experience in successfully managing and leading teams.
- Computer literacy, with an excellent command of Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint, Publisher and Excel.
- Experience with Audio/Video equipment required
- Ability to handle marketing needs. (social media, website, YouTube)
- Prior experience in a Methodist church, district, or conference position preferred.
- Experience as a Executive Assistant preferred.
- Strong commitment to the Christian faith and willing to learn Methodist tradition and applications.
- Must be willing to adhere to the Spring Lake UMC Staff Policies, Statement of Ethics, and the Vision & Mission of the church.
The successful candidate must possess and demonstrate:
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to facilitate and motivate staff, laity, and volunteers.
- Strong interpersonal, organization, and time management skills.
- Ability to analyze and resolve conflicts and problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to organize work and manage time with frequent interruptions.
- Able to manage situations with minimal supervision, maintain confidentiality, and possess a high degree of personal integrity.
Contact: Pastor Chris Kelbaugh
Location: 4191 Spring Lake Hwy
Address: Brooksville FL 34601