Director of Communications
Are you looking for a position where your contributions are truly valued, and your work is part of a larger mission? At Trinity United Methodist Church, we strive to provide a “second home” feeling for our members and staff team; where being big hearted, Christ minded, Spirit led, and bound by love are our core values. With a beautiful 63-acre campus in northwest Gainesville as well as of a missional campus in northeast Gainesville, Trinity is home to an engaged and active congregation of over 2500 members, numerous community justice initiatives and missions, vibrant children and youth ministries, and our exceptional Stepping Stones Preschool. We are searching for an experienced Director of Communications with a passion for growing disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
This vital position will lead the way in communicating and helping to fulfill Trinity’s recently adopted vision: to be a courageous witness for Christ by welcoming all people, growing loving relationships, nurturing deeper faithfulness, and doing all the good we can in our community and beyond. Additionally, this position will actively seek and experiment with new and imaginative methods of both internal and external communications (including possible outsourcing opportunities).
The Director of Communications will also invite, train, empower, and oversee volunteers serving on our creative team. This team is a technical team with a wide-range of skills that help ensure interactions with Trinity, both in-person and virtual, are gracious and welcome experiences. This pivotal position works closely with and reports directly to the Director of Human Resources and Operations as well as working closely with all other ministry area directors, the Associate Pastor, and the Co- Senior Pastors.
We are looking for a Director of Communications who:
• has a creative skillset to perform communications tasks as well as lead a team to further the communications ministry
• is able to further our communications vison and implement goals of maintenance and growth
• is able to create and lead video production and broadcast efforts
• is actively engaged in nurturing their own spiritual growth and maturity
• has a gift for building meaningful relationships with others
• is skilled at recruiting and coaching others for ministry involvement
• is highly motivated and self-directed • is collaborative and consensus-building
• is eager to be part of a team seeking to grow a loving and inclusive community
The ideal candidate will have:
• a minimum of 5 years’ prior experience in communications
• a commitment to Christ through active church involvement and growing in personal faith
• a desire to commit Trinity United Methodist Church and its vision and its ministries
• prior large church staff experience preferred
• a BA/BS with a preference for degree/coursework in a related field of study
• strong computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe and other creative suite applications required
If you are looking for a place where you can join other persons of vital and inspired faith in making a difference, Trinity United Methodist Church may be the place for you. A salary commensurate with experience, credentials, and comparable will be accompanied by a generous benefit package. For confidential consideration, email your resume, a letter of interest, and your compensation history to email@example.com. No phone calls or recruiters please. We invite you to visit us at www.trinitygnv.org
Contact: Jennifer Thomas
Address: 4000 NW 53rd Ave Gainesville FL 32653