Job Summary: The Youth Minister is responsible for assisting the Director of Family Ministries by working within the First United congregation by helping youth, teenagers ages 7th – 12th grade, discover hope and deepening their faith. The Youth Minister will coordinate time with the youth for the purposes of worship, volunteer work, community outreach and Christian education. The Youth Minister will also serve in various church programs and activities such as retreats, mission trips, overnight camps, and Bible study classes that involves teenagers by helping them grow and connect with God and each other.
Education and Experience
High School diploma
Basic academic knowledge for the job
Experience in working with youth
Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Build relationships with youth and their parents/guardians in person, during programming, small groups, ZOOM and social media.
- Ability to deal with and relate to young people by earning their respect and trust.
- Deepening the youth’s faith by building and creating Sunday Night Programming.
- Organize once a month events for youth during the school year.
- Organize once a week events for youth during the summer.
- Build relationship in the community.
- Ability to recruit and maintain volunteers with youth along with the Director of Family Ministries
- Creativity skills in designing new and entertaining ways for youth to learn about life in Christ and faith values through lessons, events, and games.
- Be knowledgeable in all types of social media and be able to engage the youth with the youth groups social media platforms.
- Help implement the Faith Formation Plan of First United.
- Growing in your faith by attending worship and/or Bible Studies or Small groups.
Contact: Brett Robinson
Address: 336 S Halifax Dr Ormond Beach FL 32176-8111