Director of Operations & Administration
February 13, 2021
Job OverviewThe role of the Director of Operations & Administration is to assist the Senior Pastor in overseeing the life and direction of the church. This includes aligning and coordinating staff and laity leadership teams to our vision and mission as well our values and strategy. This position includes coordinating, and supervising the management of church properties, managing the IT platforms, video conferencing, and coordinating building security and maintenance. Administrative duties include handling and maintaining conference reporting; handling phones, maintaining files, entering data, scheduling meetings, managing schedules, planning events, and establishing priorities to ensure work is completed on schedule and within budget.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business management or related field.
- 5 – 10 years’ experience in general management or related field.
- Prior experience in successfully managing people and leading teams.
- Prior experience in a Methodist church, district, or conference position is a plus.
- Experience as a high-level Executive Assistant is a plus.
- Computer literacy, with an excellent command of Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Strong commitment to the Christian faith and willing to learn United Methodist tradition and applications.
- Must be willing to adhere to the FUMCFTL Staff Policies, Statement of Ethics, and the Vision & Mission of the church.
Personal QualificationsThe successful candidate must possess and demonstrate:
- The skills prioritize effectively and follow through on multiple demands and projects simultaneously.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to facilitate and motivate staff, laity, and volunteers.
- Strong interpersonal, organization, and time management skills.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Ability to analyze and resolve conflicts and problems.
- Able to work under pressure with minimal supervision, maintain confidentiality, and possess a high degree of personal integrity.
Contact: Lyn Kramer
Address: 101 SE Third Avenue Ft,. Lauderdale FL 33301