Video Production Technician
Position: Video-production Technician (Videographer)
Status: Part-Time Exempt
Reports to: Director of Worship Technologies
Rate of pay: $15-16 per hour 20 hours per week
The videographer works in tandem with the Director of Worship Technology to storyboard, capture, and edit videos to help fulfill our mission of Making God’s Love Real by transforming lives, creating Christian community, and healing the city and the world.
This videographer’s primary focus is providing support to online worship content creation. The secondary focus is supporting other ministry areas in telling their own stories with digital video.
The videographer will work with the Director of Worship Technology to elevate the level of video production through continued learning and evaluation.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Editing weekly worship elements (sermon, music, hosting, laity videos)
- Capturing weekly events (sermon, hosting)
- Film additional worship material as needed
- Capturing special events and stories as needed.
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere
- Use of Microsoft Teams
- Use of Planning Center
- Journalism experience *not required, but helpful
- A Christ-centered, biblically rooted, warm-hearted faith in Christ which expresses itself in a loving, joyful, healthy relationship with others and personal freedom in sharing his/her personal experience of Christ.
- A clear passion to draw uncommitted persons into a living relationship with Jesus Christ.
- An excitement and commitment to the mission and vision of Hyde Park United Methodist Church.
- A visionary person with the initiative to explore the most effective means by which the church’s mission can be fulfilled.
- A team player who works well with other church staff members and who has proven effectiveness in working with volunteers.
- Personal commitment to the spiritual heritage, doctrine, and Social Principles of the United Methodist Church.
- Evidence of Christian character lived-out through spiritual disciplines and participation in the life of the church.
- A sense of humor and ability not to take him/herself too seriously.
- High energy level for the demands of a growing ministry.
Contact: Gwen Lindsey
Address: 500 W Platt St Tampa FL 33606
Phone: 8132535388 ext. 290