Accountant Job Available - College Park Orlando UMC
Overview: The accountant will serve as the point person for financial related functions of College Park United Methodist Church and it’s Child Development Center by providing financial information to committees and staff, researching and analyzing accounting data, and preparing reports. We are seeking an extraordinarily organized and highly passionate team member.
Qualifications, Education and Experience:
- Preferred area of study: finance, accounting, business administration or a related field. Experience may substitute for degree. Previous experience is preferred with church bookkeeping or with other non-profit organizations.
- 1-year experience with QuickBooks or other financial management software
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in operations, church bookkeeping or accounting
- Extraordinarily organized and skilled at building sustainable systems.
- Very comfortable seeking out and embracing relevant technologies related to financial management
- Highly comfortable with innovation and the flexibility required to make it happen
- Driven to take initiative and solve problems
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Effective problem-solving skills from identifying the problem to implementing solutions and monitoring for success
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- A good sense of humor
- High emotional and social intelligence
- Willingness and ability to work in a multigenerational, multiethnic, socio-economically diverse setting
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- General Ledger maintenance
- Bank reconciliation
- Financial reporting
- In-house payroll
- Contributions recording
- Work with church staff, volunteers and Finance Committee to provide reports and information needed for budgeting.
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Accomplishes the result by performing the duty.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Schedule and compensation: 20 hours per/week (at least 2 days a week).
Contact: Wendy Carr
Address: 644 W Princeton Street Orlando 32804