Wisdom's Wellspring Executive Director
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR DESCRIPTION
Organization: Wisdom’s Wellspring is a faith based not for profit homelessness prevention program for women in the Big Bend area of Florida. Our mission is equipping women with wisdom to responsibly transform their lives and community. Wisdom’s Wellspring is a subsidiary ministry of Big Bend Front Porch Ministries, Inc., and operates under the authority of the Northwest District of the United Methodist Church. Big Bend Front Porch Ministries, Inc, and its subsidiary ministries are a federally authorized 501(c)(3) incorporated under the laws of Florida.
Position: The Executive Director has general and primary responsibility for leadership, direction and general oversight for the day to day operations of Wisdom’s Wellspring. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors (BOD) and carries out the vision, objectives and goals of the organization.
- Provide leadership to promote, preserve and nurture the effectiveness and development of Wisdom’s Wellspring programs and organization.
- Provide supervision of the Resident Director to ensure operational efficiency and program accountability.
- Assess applications for potential residents and lead interview processes for placement including conducting background check, drug screen and other follow up as needed.
- Provide general oversight for operational policies and procedures toward meeting client/resident’s needs.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with other non-profit organizations, churches, civic organizations, businesses, and governmental entities within the community to foster and further the growth of Wisdom’s Wellspring.
- Develop and strengthen the Mentoring Program by recruiting and training a Mentor Coordinator and mentor volunteers. Provide supervision for Mentor Coordinator, mentors and Spiritual Director.
- Ensure competent stewardship of all aspects of the ministry’s operations and program expenditures.
- Communicate and collaborate with the Business Manager regarding financial needs and resources.
- Communicate and collaborate with the Maintenance Manager regarding upkeep, repair or replacement of items at the residence.
- Attend all meetings of the BOD and provide written bi-monthly reports of operations. Communicate with and update Board Chair and BOD regarding issues, actions and recommendations for policy and procedural changes. Prepare an annual report and/or other reports as requested in collaboration with BOD and Business Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree or related experience is required. Master’s degree is preferred with experience or background in social work, not-for-profit operations or administration, theology or ministry.
- Background, personal experience and knowledge with Christian theology and practices preferred.
- General knowledge of non-profit organizations, structure and legal responsibilities including oversight of general accounting and business practices preferred.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in keeping with ethical, professional and legal requirements.
- Be committed to uphold Wisdom’s Wellspring’s Articles of Incorporation, By-laws, Mission, Vision, Purpose and Code of Ethics.
Compensation and Hourly Requirements: This is a part-time position with a minimum of 20 hours per week with a compensation range of $24,000—26,000 annually, to be paid monthly. No benefits are provided.
Please submit a Resume with References and Cover Letter by September 30th to:
Ms. Pam King
PO Box 183
Havana, FL 32333
Contact: laura Lambert
Address: 7670 McClure Drive Tallahassee 32312