First United Methodist Church of Zephyrhills, Florida has an immediate opening for a part-time bookkeeper/treasurer position, 15-17 hours per week. Compensation is $16.00 per hour with paid time off after a probationary period of employment. The job is primarily billing and payment processing and payroll management; the complete job description is below. Bookkeeping and payroll management experience is required. We strongly prefer outside candidates who aren't already affiliated with FUMCZ.
Zephyrhills is easily accessible to most parts of northern and eastern Tampa Bay as well as the Plant City/Lakeland area. Though this is an on-site position (not remote), our office staff members are temporarily working staggered schedules during this time of coronavirus and the offices are cleaned/sanitized frequently for everyone's safety. Please contact Steve Ezra, senior pastor, at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested or if you have questions.
First United Methodist Church
Church Treasurer Job Description
Job Title: Church Treasurer
Reports To: Senior Pastor
Position Status: Part Time Regular – Nonexempt
Scheduled Hours Per Week: 15-17
The Church Treasurer is responsible for maintaining church financial records and processes at FUMCZ in a professional, efficient manner that honors God. This includes billing and payment processing and payroll management. This person works with the office staff to ensure clear communication and efficient clerical office management and seeks ways to improve day-to-day church administrative operations.
- Maintain all financial documents and communications in an organized and professional manner, including all emails related to finance, all invoices filed properly, and all financial and payroll reports and documents are kept organized and confidential.
- Keep abreast of current accounting requirements and best practices to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local requirements and with the Florida Conference and North Central District of the United Methodist Church.
- Manage employee files with timesheets, sick days, vacation days, and other leave days for all church employees.
- Work with Finance Committee, Staff-Parish Relations Committee, and Trustees to prepare and submit district and conference reports in a timely manner.
- Manage vendor relationship, maintain contract files, and serve as the liaison for the church’s primary banking institution and employee benefits such as Wespath.
- Responsible for handling and security of thrift shop and other ministry funds.
- Prepare, submit, and maintain worker’s compensation reports.
- Participate in staff team meetings, ministry meetings, and or administrative committee meetings as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Monitor email for invoices and Vanco payments.
- Process invoices for payment.
- Print checks for payment of approved invoices and obtain appropriate signatures.
- Distribute processed AP checks.
- Post weekly contributions to Accounting Module Interface (AMI) Deposits from the Financial Secretary.
- Communicate with church vendors and suppliers.
- Collect time records from employees to enable payroll processing.
- Prepare payroll for employees to be paid semimonthly.
- Post payroll to AMI.
- Prepare Journal voucher for Apportionment and insurance payments.
- Prepare Journal voucher for Senior Pastor.
- Post interest for all financial accounts.
- Reconcile checking account.
- Prepare financial reports for the Finance Committee and attend the monthly Finance Committee meetings.
- Prepare 941 Summary Report for payroll deductions and report through EFDPS, the IRS online reporting.
- Post endowment interest and adjust market value on investments.
- Make withdrawal for Apportionment funds from the Florida United Methodist Foundation.
- An associate’s degree in accounting or equivalent from an accredited educational institution would be beneficial but not required.
- Practical experience in fund-based accounting and account reconciliation.
- Computer literate with a demonstrated proficiency in MS Word, Excel; capable of learning new software (e.g. membership software) as needed.
- Able to work on campus and maintain a consistent weekly work schedule during church office hours.
- Strong commitment to the Christian faith; familiarity with the United Methodist Church structure, mission opportunities, and resources is helpful.
- Strongly prefer someone not affiliated or previously affiliated with First United Methodist Church of Zephyrhills.
- Willing and able to pass drug-screening and background checks.
- Willing to adhere to the FUMCZ Employee Handbook and conduct expectations, to be loyal to the Senior Pastor and church leadership, and to be faithful to FUMCZ mission, vision, and values.
- Able to communicate clearly, both verbal and written, to individuals and small groups.
- Ability to work independently on a computer (looking at a monitor, typing, sitting, etc.) for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift files and open filing cabinets, bending or standing on a step stool as necessary.
- Trust and integrity. Is widely trusted; seen as direct and truthful; admits mistakes; adheres to an appropriate and effective set of core values during good and bad times; acts in line with those values; practices what he or she preaches.
- Maintains appropriate confidentiality. Committed to confidentiality regarding all account records and conversations; makes information accessible and available to those entitled to it and does so in a timely manner; knows what information should be accessible to whom and keeps those boundaries firm.
- Interpersonal relationships. Relates well to all kinds of people, inside and outside the congregation; builds appropriate rapport; builds effective and constructive relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; is regarded as a team player; represents the church’s warmth and grace to staff, congregants, and guests when present in the office.
- . Ability to meet deadlines on a consistent basis; faithful and punctual in attendance in the office and at meetings as required.
- Detail-oriented. Strong attention to detail and precision in account reconciliation and report generation.
- Organizing. Can gather and organize resources (people, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal (multitasking); can use resources effectively and efficiently.
Contact: Steve Ezra
Address: 38635 Fifth Avenue Zephyrhills FL 33542