Contemporary Worship Leader - FUMC St. Pete, FL
ST. PETE FIRST UMC
Downtown St. Petersburg, FL
POSITION: Contemporary Worship Leader (PT / FT Options Available)
St. Petersburg Florida is a dynamic and growing urban area that exudes a vitality usually reserved for larger cities. St. Pete First feels called to proclaim the Good News of Jesus Christ to this environment, and does it through an extraordinary children and youth ministry, transformative community service, and worship that engages everyone.
We have a strong worship team of volunteer and compensated musicians that provide an engaging opportunity to praise God and worship as a community. We seek a dynamic leader that will focus on the next generation of families coming our way. This position is currently part-time, with the possibility of being full-time depending on the gifts of the applicant, and the broader staffing support needs of the church.
The Job Requires:
- Aligning with the mission and vision of St. Pete First
- Having a passion for the spiritual growth of the community
- Caring deeply for the least the lost and the lonely
- Meeting with Pastors individually, and leading worship planning meetings weekly
- Aligning worship music with the themes of sermon series and seasons
- Lead the Sunday morning 9:30am contemporary worship service
- Plan and execute the worship experience
- Schedule, coordinate, and prepare for weekly worship band rehearsals.
- Communicate early and often with audio/visual team
- Schedule and coordinate additional volunteers needed for worship as needed.
- Oversees the recruiting and development of musicians and vocalists.
- Commits to the development of the worship team both musically and spiritually.
- Help lead Praise Team and congregation into an era of broadcast worship.
- Work with audio/visual team to produce an dynamic, engaging and authentic worship experience in person and online.
Should .The ideal candidate must be able to lead and promote a lifestyle of worship. He or she should have an excitement for the mission and vision of St. Pete First UMC, and shall be familiar and in consonance with Wesleyan theology. A candidate for this position must be able to demonstrate exceptional leadership and managerial skills.
Email: Cover Letter, Resume, and (2) Video Links of you leading worship.
Contact Person: Eric Arapi – Business Administrator Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Eric Arapi - Business Administrator