Orange City United Methodist Church seeks an enthusiastic and creative individual to serve on staff as our Worship Leader. Orange City is an established congregation in Orange City, FL. Our Mission is to Reach, Serve, and Love like Jesus. As disciples of Jesus Christ, we are continually seeking to grow more and more like him each and every day through individual, small group, and whole-church actions. Currently, we offer 2 worship services each Sunday, one traditional worship service and one contemporary worship service.
From time to time, our worship styles will cross-over. Therefore, preference will be given to those candidates who also have the experience and ability to lead in blended, traditional, and other styles of worship. These styles might include choral music, gospel, bluegrass, acoustic, rock, etc.
Basic Qualifications and Experience:
- have a strong commitment to Jesus Christ and a desire to work in the United Methodist Church; will be passionate about God’s Word and called to serve within the local church.
- have experience planning and leading worship services
- have the spiritual, musical, and inter-personal ability to engage others in worship through song, praise, and prayer.
- be proficient with a lead instrument (guitar and/or keyboard) and vocal performance.
- have experience creating online worship services through programs like imovie or OBS, and with other software and programs including Planning Center Online, MediaShout, Logic, Audacity as well as with using In-Ear monitors. Knowledge of sound engineering and videography will also be helpful.
- Will specifically be able to recruit, lead and train musicians and vocalists.
Contemporary Music examples:
- “Raise a Hallelujah” by Bethel Music
- “Build your Kingdom Here” by Rend Collective Experiment
- “10,000 reasons (Bless the Lord)” by Matt Redman
- “Oceans (Where My Feet May Fail)” By Hillsong
Every aspect of our congregational life is conducted in full compliance with the Safe Sanctuaries policy of Orange City United Methodist Church – designed to safeguard all children, youth, and vulnerable persons. This will include a full background screening for all potential staff and volunteers at Orange City UMC.
Address: 396 E. University Ave. Orange City FL 32763