July 14, 2020
POSITION SUMMARYCypress Lake United Methodist Church is one of the largest worshipping communities in the Florida Conference of the United Methodist Church, with over 1,000 in worship. The Church is blessed with a talented lay leadership team and an exciting staff.
The Administrative Assistant reports to the Church Administrator and is responsible for day-to-day operations of the front office of Cypress Lake United Methodist Church. Specific responsibilities include greeting visitors and answering phone calls, making appointments and church reservations, production of printed materials as assigned, keeping the inventory of office supplies, creating documents and reports, and other general office duties.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for opening and closing of church office for public office hours.
- Greet visitors and inform employees of arrivals.
- Answer incoming phone calls and direct calls to appropriate employee.
- Make appointments for the pastoral team and Church Administrator as needed.
- Make facility reservations for church members and church groups.
- Maintain key check out log and inventory of church keys available for check out.
- Collect and sort all incoming mail and packages.
- Conduct weekly inventory of office supplies and place orders as needed.
- Print and distribute facility calendar on a weekly basis.
- Monitor and respond as needed to general church email address and social media accounts.
- Work as a team member on the development and content of the weekly bulletin, printed marketing materials, or other materials for congregation distribution.
- Work as the lead team member on general church communications, including the development and distribution of eNews (and/or paper newsletter), social media content, making minor website updates, and working as the liaison with the website developer on major website updates.
- Create, distribute, and/or collect reports of worship, Bible study, and children and youth attendance.
- Create registration forms and other documents and forms as needed.
- Order Bible study materials and distribute to group leaders upon their arrival as needed.
- Recruit, train, and schedule office volunteers for planned absences and assistance with projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Educational, Background & Experience Requirements:
- Professing Christian;
- High School Diploma or equivalent required;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with a knowledge of church management software preferred;
- Proficient in the use of office machines, including computers, printers, copiers, folding machines, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must be organized, efficient and dependable.
- Ability to organize work and manage time with frequent interruptions.
- Salary: $30,000
- Benefits: Health insurance (with 80/20 employer match for employee after 90-day probationary period), group life policy, and employer-matched retirement available after 12-month probationary period. Dental, Vision, and supplemental insurance opportunities available
Contact: Cyndy Cook
Address: 8570 CYPRESS LAKE DR FORT MYERS FL 33919