Director of Children's Ministry
North Naples Church is accepting applications for the position of Director of Children's Ministry. This is a full-time exempt position responsible for inspiring and equipping children and their families to follow Jesus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design creative children's and family programs that align with the mission of North Naples Church.
- Design gospel centered and age appropriate children's worship experiences.
- Develop and carry out curriculum designed to encourage spiritual growth as disciples of Jesus.
- Provide a compelling ministry vision and strategy for children from Birth through 5th Grade.
- Monitor quality of early childhood and elementary ministries and develop improvements as necessary.
- Recruit, equip, mentor and oversee volunteers and staff in a manner that fosters spiritual growth in their lives and the lives of the children and families whom they serve.
- Lead multiple fundraising projects throughout the year and work collaboratively with other ministries in support of the mission.
- Oversee, facilitate, and coordinate summer camps for elementary age children.
- Lead and/or participate in worship services provided by the school and special events.
- Meet with volunteers, children and parents as needed to provide prayer, discipleship and support.
- Equip parents to be the primary spiritual influencers in their children's lives.
- Keep children's ministry compliant with the child protection policies of the Church and the Florida Conference of the United Methodist Church.
- Oversee and implement children's ministry programming within set budget.
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree and 2 years' experience in children and/or family ministry or Christian Education.
- Possess deep, abiding faith in Jesus Christ and love for people.
- Passion and calling for communicating the love of Jesus Christ to children.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills including writing skills and oral presentation skills, including in a large group worship environment.
- Ability to creatively plan and implement worship experiences and events for the children's ministry.
- Strong technology skills and experience including ability to effectively disseminate mass electronic communications, calendaring, and basic graphic design.
- Ability to recruit, train,develop, and supervise a team of volunteers, equipping them in their roles.
- A positive team player and self-motivated individual committed to excellence.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate both the written and spoken word effectively.
- Ability to communicate a love of Jesus Christ both to the staff and to the congregation.
- Demonstrate character, core values and personal lifestyle compatible with a Christ-centered ministry and be willing to embrace the mission and strategic plans of North Naples Church.
Contact: Ginny Lamb
Address: 6000 GOODLETTE ROAD BUILDING 1000 NAPLES 34109