Children's Ministry Director
Children’s Ministry Director
Position Classification: Part Time
Weekly Hours of Work: 15 hours
Keystone UMC in Odessa, FL, is seeking a Children’s Ministry Director who is passionate about children and has a desire to help them and their families grow in their love for Jesus. We are looking for an individual to join our team who can help plan and implement our ministries for children from birth through fifth grade in a safe and welcoming environment.
Recruit, train and lead a volunteer staff for Children’s Ministry including but not limited to Junior Church (Nursery-5th grade), Excite (Monthly kids club), Team Training, VBS and Seasonal Events.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree with an emphasis in education or Christian education preferred
- Experience in administrating a Children’s Ministry program
- Knowledge of developmental stages, infant – 5th grade
- Pass a background check and fingerprinting
- CPR Certification
- Physically able to handle the demands of job
- Leadership skills – the ability to evaluate, assign and instruct adults
- Time management skills – the ability to coordinate several activities at once
- Problem solving skills – ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Communication skills – ability to communicate and establish working relationships with all levels of people in a professional, courteous and respectful manner
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Basic computer skills and general knowledge of office equipment, databases
With your application, please include a written statement describing your personal philosophy on Christian education for preschool aged students. A job description that provides further details of the position is available for review upon request.
Contact: Michelle Casady
Address: 16301 Race Track Road Odessa 33556