Director of Outreach Ministry
Position Description - Director of Outreach Ministry
Position Overview: The Director of Outreach Ministry will lead Suntree UMC in developing and expanding a holistic and comprehensive vision and strategy for ministries of engagement, connection, transformation, and empowerment in the community and the world. They will do this as an expression of our vision to love God, love each other and love our neighbors in extraordinary ways.
Qualifications: The Director of Outreach Ministry must possess a passion for leading the church and its members in living into the Suntree UMC vision of loving our neighbors in extraordinary ways. The Director must believe in the empowerment of individuals and the inherent worth, dignity, and giftedness of every person. The Director must be willing to learn about and invest in Assets-Based models of ministry. The Director needs to be a people person, with gifts for leading, encouraging, and organizing current ministry opportunities and the volunteers who serve in those ministries. The Director also must possess gifts for visioning, creating, leading and implementing new ministries opportunities. Organizational, communication and time management skills are also important.
While previous experience in some type of community service ministry is helpful, it is not required.
- Connect with current outreach and mission ministries and leaders to provide resources, support, promotion and coordination of current outreach and mission ministries.
- Assess current ministries and projects and create data bases for support and accountability.
- Provide staff oversight and support to the Missions Team in order to develop vision and strategies for new local outreach and global mission ministries within the context of the overall vision plan of Suntree UMC.
- Serve as the champion and interpreter for Outreach/Mission ministries with the congregation and other leadership teams such as Administrative Council, CLC, Mission Committee, etc.
- Work with both Connect and Grow Ministries to provide a seamless volunteer connection between our New Member and Discipleship Ministries.
- Provide monthly reports regarding outreach ministry and service by members of Suntree UMC for conference Missional Vital Signs reports.
- Assist Pastor’s with other tasks as assigned.
- Attend and participate in weekly staff meetings along with Administrative Council meetings, Church Leader Council meetings (CLC), etc. as needed.
- Be involved in personal spiritual formation and otherwise follow the Employee Handbook’s Staff Covenant.
This position will be a part time (25 hours per week), salaried position with paid time off as described in the Employee Handbook of Suntree UMC.
Contact: Rachel Kalleward
Address: 7400 N. Wickham Road Melbourne FL 32940