Director of Childrens Ministry
FIRST UNlTED METHODIST CHURCH
PUNTA GORDA, FLORIDA
Director of Children's Ministry
Full Time .
General Description:Provide leadership for development, implementation, and supervision of a program of ministry for nursery through 5th grade.
- A Bachelor’s degree required, a focus in Christian Education or Education preferred.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills to effectively lead children and volunteers, partner with parents and work alongside FUMC staff.
- Exhibit strong skills in planning, organization, administration, motivation and supervision of volunteer staff. ·
- Manifest a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, a strong commitment to the Christian faith and be supportive of United Methodist doctrines.
- Must successfully pass church-specific criminal background check.
- Design a multifaceted program of Christian Education and Children's Ministry in step with the long-range vision of ministry adopted and promoted by the Church Council.
- Implement, energize, resource and supervise all facets of the Children's Ministry programs including the following:
- Weekly Sunday School for the children's department
- Supervise all phases of the nursery care center
- "Illuminate" children's weekly program for nursery through 5th grade
- Vacation Bible School
- Seasonal children's programs - Easter, Halloween, Christmas
- Recommended outreach programs in the community (such as Good News Club, Christmas Card Lane, Christmas Parade)
- Recruit train and supervise all volunteers for the children's ministry.
- Examine and select curriculum for the Children's Ministry in conjunction with the Children's Ministry team.
- Train leaders and aides in the use of the curriculum.
- Research appropriate resources, camping and learning opportunities, and promote and supervise these events which could include district or conference events.
- Facilitate Children’s Ministry staff team building.
- Coordinate facility scheduling with the church calendar.
- Visit with parents of children to enlist their involvement.
- Coordinate regularly scheduled parent meetings.
- Attend workshops and personal growth conferences to stay informed on new and effective ways to implement children’s ministry.
- Do budget planning for all programming in Children’s Ministry.
- Collect time sheets for paid Children’s Ministry staff twice a month (days 1-15, 16-31).
- Take an annual inventory of all Children’s Ministry supplies and teaching materials.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings.
- In coordination with the Director of Youth Ministry assure adherence to First United Methodist Church child and youth protection policy.
Directly accountable to the Administrative Director.
Contact: Kathy Butgereit
Address: 507 W. Marion Avenue Punta Gorda FL 33950