NextGen Ministries Director
NextGen Ministries Leader
Church Name: SpringLife Church
Church Size: 715 AWA
Status: Full-Time, Salary
The Role of NextGen Ministries Leader
Spring Hill is a city of more than 110,000 people and the median age has decreased to 45. Over 36% of the population is under 35. With several Elementary, Middle, and High Schools, there are over 15,000 students and a significant increase in 25-35 year olds in our ministry area. The NextGen Ministries Leader will be the primary leader of this ministry group.
- This position reports to the Church Administrator, Pastor, and Staff Parish (HR).
- This position relates to the other ministry staff, leaders and Admin Assistant for children and youth ministry, students, and parents.
- You will participate in regular staff and church leadership meetings, and family ministry team meetings.
- You will supervise Child Care/Nursery Staff and volunteers.
- Bring skills and experiences to provide quality leadership to new or existing programs, people, and students.
- Improve the quality of our children, student, and family ministries, evidenced by increased attendance and participation.
- Encourage and coordinate outreach opportunities and summer programs for children and youth as appropriate.
- Responsible for assuring that children and youth are considered and included within the life of the church.
- Build a leadership pipeline that results in committed volunteers who love Jesus and love students.
- Develop a Children’s, Youth, and Family Ministry strategic plan that support the mission and vision of SpringLife Church.
- Serve as the unifying familiar relationship for students and families as they move from one life stage to another.
- May serve as the primary or secondary communicator for regular weekly ministry programs.
- Recruit, train and supervise teachers, leaders, and volunteers as needed and create an inviting and engaging environment for both children and youth.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with parents, volunteers and leaders.
- Plan key events around milestones in the life of a student.
- You love Jesus.
- You love the local church.
- You love children, teenagers, and the family dynamic.
- You love working with people in both large or small groups.
- You do/can embrace Methodist/Wesleyan Theology.
- You can embody the vision and values of SpringLife Church.
- You have a strong work ethic and a “get it done” mentality.
- You have an attitude of constant improvement.
- You can work well within a team and equally lead a team.
- You are not scared of technology or social media.
- You are teachable and like to learn new methods, theories, and best practices.
- You can plan and manage projects.
- You are creative in some form.
- Someone other than your family members have deemed you to be fun with a good sense of humor.
- You have great references.
- You’ve been working with students in a local church setting for at least five years.
- If you are married, you are a good spouse. If you have kids, you are a good parent.
- A super plus is a developed skill in art, music, dance, tech, etc…
Formal education is not required. However, it is likely that they will hold a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of ministry in the local church.
Three specific skills stand out:
- Loving People: Ministry is in the people business. This role works with and serves a wide range of ages and stages. You must be able to shift and adapt quickly to changing social dynamics of a given age group. Developing relationships with as many students and families as possible is a necessity and should be a natural fit for your personality.
- Communication. You are strong in written and verbal communication. You may have to develop and teach operating processes and Bible Studies to various age groups. Knowledge and experience of age developmental stages will be vital in creating or restructuring program offerings.
- Leading People. You know how to pull great people together to accomplish significant tasks. You recognize that a team is stronger than an individual and involve other people in the process. You are a servant-leader.
- You would work flexible hours around programmed activities - about 40-45 hours a week.
- You would participate in weekly team meetings and monthly strategic meetings.
- You could travel for various retreats, camps, and conferences.
The salary range ($48,000+) for this position is commiserate upon experience as this is a key lead role for our church. As a staff member of SpringLife Church, you are also eligible for the following benefits:
- Available Health Insurance for you (you pay a minimal shared cost premium).
- Standard $10,000 Life Insurance Policy.
- Matching 401(k) contributions up to 4% after a year.
- 4 weeks of paid vacation time each year.
- Yearly Continuing Education budget.
SpringLife Church has recast its vision to place a high value on children, students, and the next generation. Our “Summer FunCamp” is home to more than 100 children all summer long and 150 for VBS week. The church is well known in the community for multiple missions and ministry initiatives and the student ministry has a great relationship with the school system.
Originally developed as a retirement community hotbed, Spring Hill is rebuilding itself with a new generation of families. It can have a suburban/smaller city feel with most big city conveniences not very far away. Restaurants and large developments are moving into the community. Orlando is just two hours to the east and Tampa is less than an hour to the south. It has a population of about 110,000 now and estimated to be 133,000 in 2028.
If you’re excited about Jesus, want to help children, teens, and families grow in their faith, and want to be part of a strong church with a hope and a future, we’re looking for you!
Contact: Bob Coldwell
Address: 9344 Spring Hill Dr Spring Hill FL 34608