Hyde Park UMC Hospitality Coordinator
Please send a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
PART TIME: 15 hours a week
The Hospitality Coordinator oversees the identification, equipping, and deployment of volunteers to support campus and worship hospitality. Oversees the systems that sustain a warm, welcoming, and worshipful presence for everyone.
- Campus Hospitality: Identify, equip, and deploy volunteers to serve as campus greeters and parkers for both campuses. Train lay leaders of those areas to create and maintain systems.
- Worship Volunteers: Identify, equip and deploy volunteers for people to serve as scripture readers, acolytes, and greeters. Train lay leaders of those areas to create and maintain systems, and coordinate the work of communion servers.
- Sunday Hospitality: Provide visible and ready leadership on both campuses to welcome volunteers, pray with them, and provide support to teams.
- Seasonal Events: Oversee campus and worship hospitality for major days such as Christmas Eve and Easter, and lead promotional efforts to recruit volunteers to fill all openings.
- A Christ-centered, biblically-rooted, warm-hearted faith in Christ which expresses itself in loving, joyful, healthy relationships with others and personal freedom in sharing his/her personal experience of Christ.
- Ability to be a “trainer of trainers,” who develops lay people to lead in these areas.
- Be a “systems thinker,” who can create self-perpetuating systems.
- Be a “people person” who can build relationships of trust, grace, and joy, in a Christ-centered, Spirit-filled way.
- An excitement and commitment to the mission and vision of Hyde Park United Methodist Church.
- Spiritual Gifts of Hospitality, Administration and Faith.
- A visionary person with the freedom to explore the most effective means by which our mission can be fulfilled.
- A team-player who works well with other members of the church staff and who has proven effectiveness in working with volunteers.
- Personal commitment to the spiritual heritage, doctrine, work and witness of the United Methodist Church.
- Evidence of Christian character clearly seen/visible by a life of prayer, spiritual discipline, tithing, and participation in the life of the church.
- A sense of humor and ability not to take him/herself too seriously.
- High energy level for the demands of a growing ministry.
Contact: Peggy Hisey
500 W Platt St Tampa FL 33606