Worship Leader/Youth Leader
Full Time Worship Leader/Youth Leader
Beymer Memorial UMC
Winter Haven, Florida, United States
Media/Technology - Worship Pastor - Youth Pastor
251 to 350
Compensation: Negotiable based on experience
With an average of 350-400 members, Beymer Church is a United Methodist congregation in Winter Haven, FL, a community of 43,000 in central Florida (70,000 in 30 minute drive area). At Beymer, we believe that worship is more than the music before a sermon. It’s something that leads us to love God more deeply that we might serve God more faithfully in the world. The responsibility of our worship leader is to lead others toward that. Beymer is poised for growth and you can be part of that.
We are currently looking for a full-time Worship Leader to lead one of the primary Sunday morning worship gatherings, our 9:30 Contemporary Worship Service, as well as manage the media and technology that goes along with that. The ideal candidate will have a heart for young adults and families and be able to create and implement strategies to develop and grow their faith. Our preference is for this to be a combined position with Youth Ministry but this can be negotiated.
WHAT YOU'RE LIKE
- An experienced worshiper with two to three years of experience in contemporary worship leading
- A talented vocalist and strong guitar/keyboard player, solid skills with other instruments a plus
- A superb written and oral communicator
- A great multi-tasking team player that has high energy, is people smart, and is full of positivity
- An experienced Youth Leader or someone with some youth experience and the ability to lead and influence today's youth and their families
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES FOR WORSHIP LEADER:
- Plan, organize, spiritually lead, and help to grow a Sunday morning contemporary worship gathering
- Recruit, train, maintain, and relationally lead multiple worship teams – Praise Band and Service Planning Team
- Participate in the worship planning creative process, working with the pastor on themes, worship elements (i.e. video, drama), etc.
- Develop the contemporary praise team by identifying (with the help of the Serve Team), recruiting and developing additional musicians/vocalists.
- Use technology in a contemporary worship setting (run/set up sound, video, slides/Easy Worship, etc.). Train a staff to run sound and Easy Worship.
- Lead or participate in other special services as they arise (holiday services, i.e, Christmas season, Lent, Easter, etc.)
- Ensure compliance with the licensing and copyright laws regarding the use of music and video during services and follow the guidelines set by licensing and copyright agencies.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES FOR YOUTH LEADER:
- Manage a Sunday evening youth program
- Communicate effectively/develop strong relationships with youth and parents
- Create effective outreach program
- Recruit, train, and oversee ministry volunteers
- Choose and implement curriculum and lesson plans
- Plan and execute monthly events, with focus on fun/relationship building and serving/missions
- Ability to grow the ministry
Send your resume, links to video(s) of you leading worship, and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Worship and Youth Leader
The cover letter should be personalized for this position and should answer 3 questions:
- Why are you interested in this position?
- Why would you feel comfortable relocating to Winter Haven/central Florida?
- What about you will cause you to stand out from other candidates for this position?
Contact: Pastor Rob Harding
700 N. Lake Howard Drive Winter Haven 33881