Lakeside United Methodist Church
POSITION TITLE: Creative Director
REPORTS TO: Pastor
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Coordinates, directs, and refines the production of creative assets and experiences that help Lakeside achieve its mission to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
POTENTIAL SECONDARY FUCTION: The ideal candidate will also possess emerging skills as a worship leader (vocals and instrumental abilities – ex. piano and/or guitar) and a desire to develop these skills over time.
- Be a committed follower of Jesus Christ, seeking to know, love, and serve God
- Understand and be able to champion the church’s purpose, vision, and journey as well as the theology and traditions of the United Methodist Church
- Driven to reach people who do not know Christ through creative ways that connect with those disconnected from the church
- Strong verbal, written, and visual communication skills
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite is essential
- Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign for digital and print design
- Premier (or comparable) for video editing
- After Effects for motion/on-screen graphics is a plus
- Demonstrate excellence in graphic design, photography, and video production
- Experience with web design and maintenance
- Familiarity with WordPress is preferred
- Knowledge of ProPresenter and Planning Center is preferred
- Knowledge of current trends in design, video, and social media (both inside and outside the “church world”)
- Ability to work within a team, deliver and accept constructive criticism, and adapt designs
- A variety of creative work demonstrated in a current portfolio
- Vocal, instrumental, and worship leadership skills are desired
- Exemplify the church’s values and uphold the staff covenant
- Create and maintain brand style guide, keeping the brand current and developing a visual communication strategy
- Create and produce graphics, layouts, and videos for worship services, social media, promotions, events, and as needed by staff and ministries of the church
- Create ProPresenter slide packages for worship
- Grow engagement with Lakeside by working with the various staff and ministries to help refine, craft, and/or create experiences that are intentionally creative, engaging, and transformative
- Especially including weekly worship and special events
- Capture and edit photos and video for use in marketing, social media, etc.
- Work with the Communications Director to maintain a functional, attractive, and easy to use website aimed at those not yet a part of the Lakeside community
- Work with the Communications director to identify new and innovative ways to reach our community (in person and online)
- Recruit, train, inspire, and organize volunteers
- Identify budgetary needs
- Oversee the purchase, maintenance, and operation of all creative equipment (sound/visual equipment, lighting, cameras, computers, etc.)
- Assess current and future technology needs
Potential Worship Leader Duties
- Work with church staff in achieving common goals, especially holiday services
- Perform other duties as directed by the Pastor
- Work with the Worship Leader to develop abilities as a worship leader
- Work toward leading worship in a shared role within services and filling in when the primary Worship Leader is absent
Position is part-time and will require 20 hours per week. Weekly schedule may be worked out in coordination with the Pastor. Frequent Sunday attendance will be required to fulfill all duties.
PAY AND NON-BENEFITS:
Hourly rate is dependent upon applicable experience, education, and other qualifications. No benefits are available for this part-time position.
: Following the three-month probationary evaluation, there will be an annual review of the effectiveness of the employee’s performance and an annual review of the structure of the position.
Reports directly to the Pastor. The Staff-Parish Team participates in evaluation, support, training processes, and hiring/firing decisions.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and link to an online portfolio of design and/or video work to the Lakeside UMC office. You may email materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the job title in the subject line. PDF or Microsoft Word file formats are preferred. You may also bring materials to our office during office hours: Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
You can email email@example.com
or call the office at 407-330-6560.
Contact: Pastor Dan Wunderlich
121 N. Henderson Lane Sanford FL 32771