Position: Praise Band Director
The Praise Band Director is primarily responsible for musical and worship leadership for the 9:15 contemporary worship service. In cooperation with the pastor and appropriate staff persons the Praise Band Director will facilitate the planning, organizing, recruiting, conducting and evaluation of the 9:15 contemporary worship service and Holiday Worship (Christmas and Holy Week/ Easter). This position is encouraged to help others develop their God-given talents and abilities to present God’s Word, through music, in an effective manner. This position may be asked to offer musical support for some church-wide events each year. The Praise Band Director is also encouraged to represent the concerns of music at weekly staff meetings, monthly leadership board meetings, and the annual charge conference.
A candidate for the position of Praise Band Director shall be grounded in basic Christian doctrine, having and professing faith in Jesus Christ. He/she shall agree to uphold all Church Personnel Policies and Procedures. He/she shall be familiar and in consonance with Wesleyan theology, United Methodist Church Polity and practice. He/she must have a thorough understanding of leading worship with a minimum of two years of worship leadership experience. He/she shall demonstrate the managerial skills necessary to carry out their duties.
1. A Christ-centered, inclusive, warm-hearted faith in Christ which expresses itself in loving, joyful, healthy relationships with others and personal freedom in sharing his/her personal experience of Christ.
2. A clear passion to draw uncommitted persons into a living relationship with Jesus Christ.
3. An excitement and commitment to the mission and vision of First United Methodist Church, Land O’ Lakes. 4. A visionary person with the freedom to explore the most effective means by which our mission can be fulfilled. 5. A team-player who works well with other members of the church staff.
6. Evidence of Christian character evidenced by a life of prayer, spiritual discipline, tithing, and participation in the life of the church. 7. A sense of humor and ability not to take him/herself too seriously.
8. High energy level for the demands of a growing ministry.
Reports to: Appointed Pastor
Contact: Sue Shea, Chair, SPRC
Address: 6209 Land O’ Lakes Blvd LAND O LAKES 34638
The Florida Conference of The United Methodist Church
450 Martin L King Jr Ave
Lakeland, FL 33815
(863) 688-5563 or toll free (800) 282-8011