Director of Children's Ministry
North Naples Church is accepting applications for the position of Director of Children's Ministry. Reporting to the Senior Pastor and Executive Director, the Director of Children's Ministry is responsible for inspiring and equipping children and their families to follow Jesus. This is accomplished by developing and carrying out curriculum, designing age appropriate worship experiences, and overseeing a team of volunteers in accordance with the mission, established goals of the Church, and the UMC Book of Discipline.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Design creative children's and family programs that align with the mission of North Naples Church.
- Design gospel centered and age appropriate children's worship experiences.
- Develop and carry out curriculum designed to encourage spiritual growth as disciples of Jesus.
- Provide a compelling ministry vision and strategy for children from Birth through 5th Grade.
- Monitor quality of early childhood and elementary ministries and develop improvements as necessary.
- Recruit, equip, mentor and oversee volunteers and staff in a manner that fosters spiritual growth in their lives and the lives of the children and families whom they serve.
- Lead multiple fundraising projects throughout the year and work collaboratively with other ministries in support of the mission.
- Oversee, facilitate, and coordinate summer camps for elementary age children.
- Lead and/or participate in worship services provided by the school and special events.
- Meet with volunteers, children and parents as needed to provide prayer, discipleship and support.
- Equip parents to be the primary spiritual influencers in their children's lives.
- Keep children's ministry compliant with the child protection policies of the Church and the Florida Conference of the United Methodist Church.
- Oversee and implement children's ministry programming within set budget. Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
- Bachelor's degree and 2 years' experience in children and/or family ministry or Christian Education.
- Possess deep, abiding faith in Jesus Christ and love for people.
- Passion and calling for communicating the love of Jesus Christ to children.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills including writing skills and oral presentation skills, including in a large group worship environment.
- Ability to creatively plan and implement worship experiences and events for the children's ministry.
- Strong technology skills and experience including ability to effectively disseminate mass electronic communications, calendaring, and basic graphic design.
- Ability to recruit, train,develop, and supervise a team of volunteers, equipping them in their roles.
- A positive team player and self-motivated individual committed to excellence.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate both the written and spoken word effectively.
- Ability to communicate a love of Jesus Christ both to the staff and to the congregation.
- Demonstrate character, core values and personal lifestyle compatible with a Christ-centered ministry and be willing to embrace the mission and strategic plans of North Naples Church.
Contact: Ginny Lamb
6000 GOODLETTE ROAD BUILDING 1000 NAPLES 34109