Part-time Director of Adult Ministries
Aldersgate United Methodist Church in Seminole, Florida (middle of Pinellas Country in the Tampa Bay area) is hiring a part-time Director of Adult Ministries, 18-20 hours per week. This person will lead, manage, and nurture the adult growing and serving ministries of Aldersgate to enable adults to grow as Christian disciples and serve within the church and in the world. Attracting, connecting, training, and sustaining volunteers for adult ministries is essential to success in this role. Additionally, this person will work closely with the Senior Pastor and other staff members to interact effectively with ministry leaders, volunteers, and staff members of Aldersgate to define and implement ministry objectives. This person will work under the direction of the Senior Pastor to help implement the vision of Aldersgate and to support the mission of “making disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.”
Essential Functions (in priority order)
- Attract, connect, train, and sustain ministry volunteers and teams to fulfill the vision of growing and effective adult ministries that facilitate Christian discipleship.
- Manage the adult discipleship pathway from the new members’ class to participation in intentionally discipling groups (Sunday School classes, small groups, classes, etc.).
- Oversee the creation of new adult discipleship ministries and groups, identifying staff and/or volunteer leaders and establishing ministry teams to lead new ministries.
- Facilitate adult participation in serving ministries such as local, national, and international missions involvement, and serving in various ministries at Aldersgate, with the goal having all who call Aldersgate their church home getting involved in ministry teams inside and/or outside the church.
- Develop and facilitate Sunday morning hospitality ministry teams and team leaders for both worship services, including but not limited to ushers, greeters, information desk volunteers, refreshments team, and Holy Communion stewards and servers.
- Advise the Office Administrator and communications designer to ensure all external communication channels—from website and Facebook to brochures and flyers—are consistent, updated regularly, and in the case of printed resources, in place at the information desks and other communication areas each week.
- Coordinate all missions teams and involvement in missions, serving as a liaison to such ministries as Angel Stitches and the food pantry and helping volunteers manage their missions ministries as needed.
- Work with the Senior Pastor in establishing adult ministry goals, strategies, and budgets.
- Assist the Senior Pastor in developing the overall ministries of Aldersgate and a culture that promotes Christian discipleship as lived out through connecting, worshiping, growing, serving, and giving.
- Participate regularly in staff team meetings and ministry meetings as required, promoting a staff culture that promotes teamwork and synergy across all ministry areas at Aldersgate.
- Perform all other duties assigned by the Senior Pastor.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in successfully leading and managing people and teams, including planning, team-building, developing and maintaining budgets, and creating and managing plans. Previous ministry leadership experience preferred.
- Computer literate, with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Strong commitment to the Christian faith; familiarity with the United Methodist Church structure, mission opportunities, and resources is helpful.
- Willing to adhere to the Aldersgate Church Staff Policies and Employee Conduct Expectations, to be loyal to the Senior Pastor and church leadership, and to be faithful to Aldersgate’s mission, vision, and values.
- Able to pray, teach, and play well with others.
- Ability to speak and communicate clearly, both verbal and written, to individuals, small groups, and large groups.
- Ability to work independently on a computer (looking at a monitor, typing, sitting, etc.) for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift files and open filing cabinets, bending or standing on a step stool as necessary.
Good compensation and benefits and a family work environment, and only 15 minutes to Gulf beaches! To apply or for more information, please email the Office Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 727-391-0218.
Contact: Shelly Wilson
9530 Starkey Road Seminole FL 33777