Traditional Music Assistant/Accompanist
WESLEY UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
350 S. Barfield Dr
Marco Island, FL 34145
TRADITIONAL MUSIC ASSISTANT/ACCOMPANIST
Traditional Service Music Director
At the discretion of the Traditional Service Music Director, the Assistant Music Director will play for Traditional worship, participate in choir practice, and perform other duties as assigned.
: Degree in music, Masters preferred.
Skilled in piano, or organ or both.
10 ½ hours/week
- Growing faith in Jesus Christ.
- A desire to claim a ministry of music and an enthusiasm to encourage others to join the ministry of music and worship.
- A team approach to planning and implementing worship ideas.
Salary: Negotiable, consistent with candidate’s education, experience and skill level.
- Rehearsal with Music Director once a week
- Chancel Choir Rehearsal
- Warm-up rehearsal with Chancel Choir
- Traditional Worship service
- Rehearsals with people presenting special music 2 hrs
- Weekly personal preparation 5 hrs
- Play for and direct Chancel Choir Rehearsal in director’s absence.
- Accompanist for Traditional Service Choir and special music programs throughout the year, including, but not limited to:
- Christmas Cantata
- Easter Cantata
- Community Events
- Accompany soloists, ensembles, and instrumentalists.
- As required, serve as organist/choir director at Weddings and Funerals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Read and follow policies of Wesley United Methodist Church. Successful compliance with the General Employment Practices detailed in the church’s Personnel Manual (including background check and drug testing) must be fulfilled.
Contact: Rev Bill Fisackerly
350 S Barfield Marco Island FL 34145