Traditional Music Director/Organist
WESLEY UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
350 South Barfield Dr
Marco Island FL 34145
TRADITIONAL MUSIC DIRECTOR/ORGANIST
Provide and direct choral and instrumental music for worship experience in Traditional worship service
Bachelor of Music, Master’s degree preferred.
Experience in directing choral music and accompanying ability on the organ and piano. Working in a church setting.
- Growing faith in Jesus Christ.
- A desire to claim a ministry of music and an enthusiasm to encourage others to join the ministry of music and worship.
- A collaborative approach to planning and implementing worship ideas with other persons performing the same or similar job.
- Communicates regularly and effectively with members of the general public, church staff and members, or other persons present in the church building.
- Accomplished vocalist with choral group experience.
- Organ/pianist skills necessary if an accompanist is not available.
Position Type and Hours:
- Program hymns, liturgy and special music for each week based upon the scripture/sermon themes set out by the Pastor, to include prelude, postlude and anthems.
- Direct Chancel Choir for Traditional Service and for special music programs.
- Direct Chancel Choir rehearsals.
- Serve as organist/pianist for Traditional Service.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Attend Creative Worship Team meetings.
- Plan and direct use of instrumentalists in worship experience.
- Encourage and organize ensemble choral experiences for worship.
- Plan and execute special music programs throughout the year, including, bu not limited to:
- Christmas Cantata
- Easter Cantata
- Community Events
- Assist in staff planning of worship for the months ahead.
- Coordinate with Handbell Choir for regular participation in worship.
- Work with Contemporary Worship Director to plan special occasions and holidays.
- As needed for weddings, funerals and other occasions; or scheduling suitable replacement who is familiar with all church instruments and equipment. Fee determined separately.
- Secure organists and pianists to accompany choir.
- Maintain an accurate account of organ and piano needs and maintenance; and, notify the Primary Office Staff of maintenance or repair scheduling.
- Read and follow policies of Wesley United Methodist Church. Successful compliance with the General Employment Practices detailed in the church’s Personnel Manual (including background check and drug testing) must be fulfilled.
- Maintain the music library (filing and organizing) and keeping the music room orderly and neat.
• Maintain choral and instrumental music budget and coordinate purchases with the Financial Secretary.
• Arrange for purchase of new music and choir supplies within budget limitations.
• Present annual budget requests to the Finance Committee.
Salary: Negotiable, consistent with candidate’s education, experience and skill level.
- Salaried Position. Work schedule will be arranged in consultation with the Senior Pastor according to program needs.
- Four (4) Sundays of vacation and/or professional leave per year with compensation, provided satisfactory arrangements are made for substitutes.
- No health insurance benefits are available.
- Responsible for finding substitute organist/accompanist when necessary.
- First three (3) months will be a probationary period with required weekly communication(either in person or by phone or email) with the Pastor/SPRC Chair or his/her appointee.
- An annual performance review will be done.
Contact: Rev Bill Fisackerly
350 S Barfield Marco Island 34145