Family Ministry Director -- Spring of Life, Orlando
Job Position: Family Ministry Director
Supervisor: Lead Pastor
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Compensation: $40, 000 – 45, 000 per year. Includes the benefit of 50% off oldest child’s ELC tuition, and 25% of subsequent children each year (details in Personnel Policy handbook) and personal days as designated in the Spring of Life Personnel Policy.
The Family Ministry Director position requires flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
Job Summary: Spring of Life UMC has identified Children, Youth, and Family Ministry as a critical ministry. We are in some time of redevelopment and visioning and see this ministry as foundational to our church’s mission and vision. While some programs have flourished and grown in certain areas, we continue to need stronger lay engagement and the rethinking and redevelopment of our programs. Our goal is to build a sustainable CYF ministry, a culture that will embrace diverse families with children from infant to young adult, and one that reimagines our deep value of inter-generational ministry. This position will require a level 2 background check.
- Lead a CYF Ministry Council to develop and implement a comprehensive child, youth and family’s discipleship plan (including annual goals) that will result in children, youth and families experiencing the love of Jesus and seeking to live in a relationship with God through Jesus Christ, by God’s grace.
- Identify, recruit, train, empower, and supervise a growing team of volunteers, including the CYF council, Sunday School leaders, confirmation class leaders and leaders of CYF discipleship groups.
These volunteers will do the hands-on work of discipling CYF at Spring of Life.
- Plan and execute summer programming for CYF, including Vacation Bible School and Youth Mission Trip(s).
- Work with pastors and staff to strengthen an inter-generational church culture.
- Plan, develop and oversee seasonal and special events that relate to CYF ministry.
- Oversee and implement the Spring of Life Child and Youth Protection Policy for all children and youth.
- Plan and manage effective use of resources within the Children and Youth budget.
- Develop relationships with outside organizations such as local schools and children’s organizations.
- Communicate regularly with families through personal contact, email, social media, newsletters, etc.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and monthly Church Leadership Council meetings.
- Attend at least one continuing education workshop a year relating to CYF ministry.
- Communicate with pastors, church staff, YMLT and parents the calendar events (weekly email, text, website, Facebook, etc.)
- Works with pastors and church staff and exemplifies team spirit in daily work activities.
- Evidence of a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ and commitment to the church’s mission and vision.
- A passion for and ability to work effectively with children, youth and their families.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Two-years experience of working with children and youth in ministry setting.
- Prior experience managing volunteers effectively.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required, to include public speaking.
- Ability to utilize technology relevant to this position, e.g. personal computer (email. Word, Excel, PPT and Google), digital projector, texting, social networking, etc.
- Strong organizational/administrative and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to interact enthusiastically, graciously, and responsibly with people of all ages, cultures and races.
- Teachable, with a desire to grow in faith and skills.
- Working knowledge of child development and current youth culture.
- Demonstrated ability to creatively develop and lead programs and/or large group events.
- A working knowledge of Wesleyan theology and the ability and willingness to affirm and teach it.
The above job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in this position. It is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of staff assigned to this job.
Send resumés to email@example.com
Contact: Esther Rodriguez
11101 Moss Park Rd. Orlando FL 32832